Xbox series s was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and...

Discus and support Xbox series s was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox series S was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and the light came on with the ding sound but nothing else, no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WilliamCoward1, Nov 4, 2023.

1. Xbox series s was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and...

Xbox series S was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and the light came on with the ding sound but nothing else, no fan running or any video, what else could it be?

:)

WilliamCoward1, Nov 4, 2023
  2. KindGryphon Win User

Xbox series s was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and the light came on with the ding sound but nothing else, no fan running or any video, what else could it be?

Xbox series S was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and the light came on with the ding sound but nothing else, no fan running or any video, what else could it be?
    If it was a lightning strike literally any number of components could've been damaged inside so its hard to say with any certainty.
  3. gds1972 Win User

XBOX ONE DON'T POWER ON

Hi

Xbox One consoles purchased in europe come supplied with a 220-240v power supply and North America uses the 110v system so if you replace the power supply for your console it should then work.

If you do not want to replace the power supply then the new Xbox One S console supports both 110v and 220v.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Help me!!

Just so you know, ther is a one S and a Series S, and both have versions with no disc drive.

New games will require Series.

I'm guessing you have the one S, and that the power supply has failed.

Id replace it with a Series S rather than trying to repair it.
  5. MattyMidway Win User

Does the Xbox One S break easy compare to the normal Xbox One?

The S is really IMO, to new to tell. So far, I've had my first edition One since launch and it runs like a champ! It even got surged after my house was hit with a direct bolt of lightning! It fried the power supply but I snagged a factory replacement
    and I'm still going strong. By this time years ago, I was on my second 360! I've noticed the S models have had a lot of launch issues that, it seems, Microsoft us scrambling to fix and patch. I'd wait until they release a second edition before buying it.
  6. [Farscape] Win User

KINNECT

the xbox one s and the xbox one x need an adapter to make it usb and that also comes with its own power supply.

the xbox series s and x don't support kinect.
Thema:

Xbox series s was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and...

1. Xbox series s was hit by lightning and wouldn't come on, so I replaced the power supply and... - Similar Threads - series was hit

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  7. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  8. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  9. Launch Xbox Series X shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launch Xbox Series X shutting off: I have the launch Xbox series x , over the last few months the console will just randomly shut off during online game play. Doesn’t do in menus or on Home Screen, only when playing a game....
  10. Xbox Series X turns off immediately after hitting the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns off immediately after hitting the power button: Title says it all. Any reasons for this other than a possible PSU issue? 2c6db711-36ba-4586-bc54-4ccf97338372