Xbox series S turning on for a a couple moments, showing the Xbox symbol then turning off...

Discus and support Xbox series S turning on for a a couple moments, showing the Xbox symbol then turning off... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, I’ve had my xbox series S for 3 years now. Never ever had any problems other then it randomly powering on but even then that has been minimal. Idk... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rey Saenz, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Rey Saenz
    Rey Saenz Guest

Xbox series S turning on for a a couple moments, showing the Xbox symbol then turning off...

Hey, I’ve had my xbox series S for 3 years now. Never ever had any problems other then it randomly powering on but even then that has been minimal. Idk if it’s just mad at me for buying a PS5 but I’ve tried plugging it into different outlets etc. I’ve tried just about everything I’ve been told to try but I’m still having the issue to where when I power it on, it shows the xbox symbol how it would when it is doing a restart but then it immediately turn off. I have my xbox in open space and am a pretty tidy person, I dust frequently and make sure not to cover anything on the console. It won’t even show a factory reset option even after trying to get to it. I’ve tried to restart the power supply but still no luck. I know it’s not the power supply as my PS5 runs just fine plugged into the same outlet. Would love for some answers as I play my Xbox frequently with my friends and would hate to make a permanent switch to PlayStation

:)

Rey Saenz, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Xbox series S turning on for a a couple moments, showing the Xbox symbol then turning off immediately

Hello, Rey my name is oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

I understand your frustration and desire to get your Xbox Series S working again. Based on your description, it seems like you've already tried several troubleshooting steps, which is commendable. However, the recurring issue of the console turning off immediately after showing the Xbox symbol suggests a deeper problem.

Here's what I recommend you do next:

1. Check for error codes:

While the console is off, press and hold the Bind button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console).
    While holding both buttons, press the Xbox button on the console itself.
    Continue holding the Bind and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    Listen for two "power-up" tones a couple of seconds apart.

This will boot your console in low-resolution mode and might display an error code.

If an error code appears, note it down and search online for its specific meaning and troubleshooting tips.

Try offline system update:

If the console boots up but doesn't reach the dashboard, try performing an offline system update.
    Download the update file on a USB drive from another computer using the instructions here:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

Follow the on-screen prompts to update your console offline.

Additional Tips:

Ensure your console is plugged directly into a wall outlet, not a power strip or surge protector.
    Try a different power cord if available.
    Check if there are any ongoing Xbox Live service outages that might be affecting your console.
    Search online forums and communities for similar experiences and potential solutions.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  3. Nantano23 Win User

XBOX One Turns off when playing games

hi. I have a problem close to yours. I could do everything up till the games. I have a Xbox one S. I go on a game play for a couple mins. It turns off randomly and when I turn it back on it it shows the ventelation warning. So the more I try to play after
    turning it on and playing, the quicker it shuts off.
  4. M0RPH1NGxZ0MB13 Win User

Bad Hair Day - Sniper or Shotty?

What do you mean??? Like i even go up to em they look lik claptrap but skinny and tall then it shows the borderlands symbol in blue but when i turn off the xbox and i turn it on im at liars berg!
  5. john123E45 Win User

Xbox Series X - Black screen while sound is still playing

got the same issue with my xbox series s, i was watching netflix and then the screen turned black, tried to turn off the console but nothin worked
  6. Anthony Jaya Win User

Xbox Series X isn't downloading anything while in Standby Mode

I tried this on my new Xbox Series X and it is not working. The moment I turn off my xbox, the bandwidth monitor on my router goes to idle for the xbox. And the moment I pressed and held the controller button, the bandwidth monitor shows actvity shows max bandwidth used by xbox since it's instant on.

I did the powercycle thing. No dice. Any other solutions? My console and controllers are all up to date as of today.
Thema:

1. Xbox series S turning on for a a couple moments, showing the Xbox symbol then turning off... - Similar Threads - series turning couple

2. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  3. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  4. My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...: It was working fine just a few hours before and its not hot. 544c488e-0bd1-4de5-ad65-cf1f0d554101
  5. How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.

in XboX Insiders
    How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.: So long story short my friend borrowed my Series S when I went out of town for few weeks and now he is just not giving it back. He just keeps saying give him few days, it has been so long and I...
  6. HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off

in XboX Insiders
    HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off: Have been gone for the weekend to come back to this. Not overheating, nothing I don’t think has happened to the power in the house since I’ve been gone. Really weird. Any help is appreciated...
  7. The xbox series S turns on by itself.

in XBoX on Windows
    The xbox series S turns on by itself.: I have a multiport usb accessory plugged in to be able to use keyboard and mouse would that be the reason? There is also a headset usb dongle plugged into the accessory. I will turn the xbox off...
  8. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  9. series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up: as stated, my series s will turn on and 30 seconds or less it turns off. e4f15b1f-85b0-44da-8b22-aa984ffb7a3b
  10. Xbox Series X is immediately turning off after trying turn it on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X is immediately turning off after trying turn it on?: I don't know why but randomly my xbox series x has randomly decided to not turn on, the light will come on, but the fan doesn't start and it shuts off after 5 seconds or so, already cleared out...