Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly

Discus and support Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Series S won't load the dashboard properly, it's says connect to Xbox network but won't run a network test to see if it's connected, the network... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by stevefreeb, Jan 12, 2024.

1. stevefreeb
    stevefreeb Guest

My Series S won't load the dashboard properly, it's says connect to Xbox network but won't run a network test to see if it's connected, the network test gets stuck in an infinite loop.

Can't do a soft reset as the console gets an infinite loading screen when I get to System settings.

Basically stuck offline with everything loading really slowly or not at all, can access a couple of games but get constant messages about a network issue.

Internet is working fine in other wired devices and WiFi devices so I'm certain it's the console causing the issue

:)

stevefreeb, Jan 12, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Stevefreeb. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Based on the information you provided, I would like to suggest the following potential fixes:

1. Power cycle your console:

Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps.
    Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.

Important: If your console is in Sleep mode, the above steps will shut the console off completely. Sleep mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying “Xbox on,” won't be enabled until you restart the console.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console

2. Bring up the Xbox startup troubleshooter and perform a factory reset from there.

“Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button on the console, and then press the Xbox button  on the console.
    Note, The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have Eject buttons. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 and 4) and then pressing the Xbox button.
    Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10–15 seconds.
    Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.”

Reference link:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/startup-error

3. Perform an offline update on your console.
    This potential fix requires a USB drive and a PC to transfer the files to it:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

Note: If maybe your console is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program, you need to remove it before considering doing this potential solution.

Thanks for your attention,

Arturo.
  3. Leroy0jenkins69 Win User

Xbox update

Thanks for replys. It's been a few hours. I'm not part of the insider program. I also reset everything I could possibly reset and still nothing. It seems like everything is super slow and doesn't want to load properly.
  4. kingvas78 Win User

DOOM beta set for PS4, Xbox One and PC

I will always remember loading the first Doom on my dad's PCjr. The computer was to slow to run the game properly.... reload was a pain (talk about major lag!!!!)...... the pump action shot gun was super slow motion.... enjoyed it back then even under
    those conditions...
  5. rflick Win User

New update breaks... everything

My Xbox is doing the same thing. It is slow to load the home screen, slow to load apps, slow to load games. Even when I turn it on now it is super slow to come on. This new update looks great, but something has got to be fixed. My xbox has never been this
    slow to respond.
  6. Team TwoTwo Win User

Error Code 800705b4 Cant connect

ALSO xbox live is super slow for me, takes about 3 minutes to load a page.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly - Similar Threads - Series super slow

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  7. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  8. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  9. Launch Xbox Series X shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launch Xbox Series X shutting off: I have the launch Xbox series x , over the last few months the console will just randomly shut off during online game play. Doesn’t do in menus or on Home Screen, only when playing a game....
  10. Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?: Hi, I just got an Xbox series X and it’s been nothing but frustrating. The internet is a very slow 10-30 mbps, regardless whether I plug it via cable, wifi, 2.4 or 5ghz. I tried resetting the...