Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage

Discus and support Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Instale un disco duro externo en mi Xbox series S para almacenar juegos de que algunos juegos optimizados para la nueva generación no pueden ser... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/aleksJSOC, Jul 16, 2023.

1. /u/aleksJSOC
    /u/aleksJSOC Guest

Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage

Instale un disco duro externo en mi Xbox series S para almacenar juegos de que algunos juegos optimizados para la nueva generación no pueden ser reproducidos directamente del disco duro y tienen que moverse a el almacenamiento interno en 2 ocasiones me a pasado que cuando trato de transferir algunos juegos se detiene la instalación sucede con algunos juegos y con otros no quisiera saber a qué se debe ya revise mi disco duro y no está dañado ya que como te explico he movido algunos juegos y no he tenido problema pero por ejemplo con Halo infinity y Mortal Kombat 11 se detiene en un porcentaje y de ahí no avanza aunque reinicie la instalación ya borre eh instale los juegos de nuevo pensando que eso solucionaría el problema y sigue pasando ", creemos que podríamos haber encontrado algo que te ayude.

submitted by /u/aleksJSOC
    [link] [comments]

/u/aleksJSOC, Jul 16, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Xbox one S digital external storage

It depends on what you use as external storage. If you get a regular hard drive or SSD, then any Series S/X optimized games will still need to be moved to the internal storage to play them (Older games can be stored and played from the external drive). If you want to store and play Series S/X optimized games on external storage, you would need on of the expansion cards that were created for the console.
  3. WPAK Win User

Xbox one games crashing upon launch

Hi there,

just to be sure, are the games installed on the internal storage device or an external storage device?

If they are installed on an external storage device, please try and see what happens if the game is installed on the internal storage device and the external storage device is disconnected.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Optimized Games X|S

Hi,

Both Series X/S games and Xbox One games that been optimised (I'm British) for Series X/S must be installed on either the internal storage or the expansion card. They can not be run from a USB connected storage device. My optimised Series X/S Xbox One games
    were moved to my Expansion card during their update.
  5. ShowaddyRoddy Win User

F1 2021 update

We now appear to have a solution.

1. Remove the game from the internal storage.

2. Install the game and updates on to an external storage device

3. Move the game to internal storage.

This was only done last night but so far the game works perfectly, hopefully until EA develop a better solution.

Happy Gaming!

BTW this game was loaded from disc
    I’m having the same issue as everyone else, but I’ve moved mine from external storage to internal on my Series X.

I’ve had the thing a few hours and haven’t played anything yet 😡
  6. - AJ - Win User

I had a question about DLCs

Hi, Garuchi! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

This would depend on the game and the kind of add-on you are referring to.

Generally speaking, DLCs for Series X/S optimized games must be installed on the console's internal storage unit, although there are certain ones (very few and mostly cosmetic items) that can be installed on an external hard drive and continue to work.

Talking specifically about Borderlands 3, all of its DLCs, including those that are only cosmetic, need to be installed on the console's internal storage unit.

----------

To see whether or not a DLC can be moved from Internal storage to external storage, give this a try:

- Go to My Games and Apps
    - Find a Series X/S optimized game installed on your internal storage unit.
    - Highlight the game and press the "Menu" button.
    - Select "Manage game & add-ons"
    - Select "Move or copy"

If you select an add-on that can't be used from an external storage unit, a warning message will appear on the bottom-right corner of the screen. This message reads:

"One or more of your selections needs faster storage. You can move it, but it won't be playable."

----------

I hope this helps!
    Best regards.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage - Similar Threads - Series Storage problem

2. With respect to the Internal Storage of the Xbox Series X how long is Seagate going to have...

in XBoX on Consoles
    With respect to the Internal Storage of the Xbox Series X how long is Seagate going to have...: I have an 8TB Western Digital external HD for my Xbox One. You can play games directly from the HD. Yet on the Series X you cannot do this and instead an External HD is only capable of storing...
  3. My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...: I own a series x I have formatted USB with games on it. I go over to a friend's house that owns a series s I signed in my account with the USB plugged in, the Xbox s will recognize the storage...
  4. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...: So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external...
  5. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  6. 148GB of storage missing on Xbox Series S??

in XBoX on Consoles
    148GB of storage missing on Xbox Series S??: I have bought the Xbox Series S during 2021. While then Xbox states that the console has storage of 512GB of storage. When checked (During 2021) It had 320-300GB of storage in it. Now in 2024 its...
  7. If I use Storage Expansion card on Xbox Series will my USB storages be active/work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I use Storage Expansion card on Xbox Series will my USB storages be active/work?: I have three USB SSD plugged to my Xbox Series and i want to know if by adding a Storage Expansion Card they will all(4) work simultaneous. I'm asking this because on PC, when you add an NVME...
  8. What are the best options for adding storage Xbox series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What are the best options for adding storage Xbox series S?: My daughter needs more storage space on her Xbox series s. She received a game for Christmas but can't play bc there's not enough space on her internal storage. My free time the last couple days...
  9. Series X - No storage available message (0x80830003)

in XboX Insiders
    Series X - No storage available message (0x80830003): “We can’t save more data for this game or app Your Xbox is out of space for saved data. To make room, select a game or app from My games & apps, press the menu button on your controller, and then...
  10. Okay so I have having problems playing 360 games on the series x I had clear my 360 storage...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Okay so I have having problems playing 360 games on the series x I had clear my 360 storage...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** a54e11ff-4d21-4e26-805c-1de26eaf67d9