Xbox Series S Start up/ Shut Down Chime

Discus and support Xbox Series S Start up/ Shut Down Chime in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a series s 6 months ago and have been having this issue where when I start my console, it will do the start chime, power off chime, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by George MacGrath, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Xbox Series S Start up/ Shut Down Chime

I purchased a series s 6 months ago and have been having this issue where when I start my console, it will do the start chime, power off chime, but still continue to play. The light source from my consoles power button shuts off as well but the controller still illuminates and is connected. When I do go to shut the console off however it plays the start up chime again while flashing that the console is powering off. I restart my console and check for software updates regularly trying to possibly fix it. Any help?

:)

George MacGrath, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. KenWNVA Win User

New Wireless Headset Randomly Shutting Off

Same issue. A fully charged headset paired to an Xbox One shut off after about 2 hours of game play. Mine did chime before it shut down. And it did start back up when I pressed the power button. I forgot to check power remaining.
  4. Miss Ghidorah Win User

Help with initiating sound xbox1 edition Call of Duty aw

Hi there rodrigomds94!

Please go to Settings > Power mode & Startup >
    Startup chime, which will allow you to set your preferences for the start-up and shut-down chimes played through the Xbox One console.

Let us know if you're still experiencing problems!
  5. ColeDeSilvey Win User

Account

Maybe Xbox Live is shutting down on the 360 to make way for the series x/series as s?
  6. Christine Whitaker Win User

I bought my Xbox series s today, and my son was playing it, and it turned off and it is not turning back on. we have tried everything.

We are having the same issue with our Xbox one s Minecraft version. It will power on for a second or two, chimes and then shuts back off. We've tried unplugging it and starting up again. We've tried pushing the eject and pair buttons at the same time. Nothing is working!
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Start up/ Shut Down Chime - Similar Threads - Series Start Shut

2. Xbox series X has problems starting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has problems starting up: Has anyone else had issues with this? My best guess is probably a failing power supply from research. It started a few weeks ago I will go to start my Xbox Series X up and the light on the console...
  3. Why won't my series x start up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my series x start up?: My series x won't start up! And yes, I've done everything. abfebc00-3171-4390-ae80-5c1a2c9a16ae
  4. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  5. Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair

in XBoX on Windows
    Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair: I created a repair order for my Xbox last month when the disc drive stopped working, it is due to be shipped to the repair centre, but for a long time now it has been stuck at the UPS access point...
  6. my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it: So my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it out of this resolution only started happening after recent system update I haven't changed anything same tv...
  7. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  8. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  9. Series X started shutting off and resetting due to Insider Skip Ahead update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X started shutting off and resetting due to Insider Skip Ahead update?: So my original Series x starting shutting down and restarting two days ago no matter what game I was playing so all the online forums said it was overheating so I started and shipped to MS repair#...
  10. Xbox Series S shut down by itself and start again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S shut down by itself and start again.: Hello, I buy a couple of days ago an new Xbox Series S and when I play a game, for example FIFA 23 after aprox an hour, console stop and start again, sometimes this happens more times. What I can...