Xbox series S screen goes black on tv

Discus and support Xbox series S screen goes black on tv in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When i boot up elden ring, my tv screen goes black. I don’t know what is causing this problem and I just got elden ring and I really want to play soon.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sebastian Colaco, Apr 7, 2024.

1. Xbox series S screen goes black on tv

When i boot up elden ring, my tv screen goes black. I don’t know what is causing this problem and I just got elden ring and I really want to play soon.

:)

Sebastian Colaco, Apr 7, 2024
  2. dogsounds Win User

Hi Sebastian

Just to quickly add to AJ's comment above, whilst you are checking all that, also see if you have Dolby Vision turned on. If it is, turn it off and see if that fixes the issue, and then get back to AJ. The XBOX Dolby Vision app is a little janky and unstable and can cause weird problems from time to time.

I'll sneak back out again now and leave you with AJ :)

[​IMG]
  3. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Sebastian! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues playing Elden Ring.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could answer the following questions.

- Besides Elden Ring, is this happening with other games/apps?
    - Is the screen going black immediately after launching the game?
    - Do you see any error codes/messages or display warnings when this happens?
    - Besides your TV, do you have any external devices plugged into your console?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  4. Bubbers214-5BB5C6A8- Win User

Xfinity Black Screen on Turn On

Also it's not the whole screen that goes black, it's only the TV app screen that goes black
  5. R4z0r_ Win User

Xbox one screen keeps going black every few seconds

Nah, I'm having this problem on multiple tv's. The only difference is that on MY tv the screen goes black every once in a while and has glitchy lines going across the screen randomly, on the living room tv the screen just never goes to the xbox menu or anything, it just says no signal and nothing happens and on my kitchen tv there are no glitchy lines but the screen goes black like every other second...
  6. Princess8607 Win User

TV screen goes black

Thema:

1. Xbox series S screen goes black on tv - Similar Threads - series screen goes

2. Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI: My Xbox series x was not displaying on my screen and the HDMI was not being detected. I saw several videos and tried several things that told me that the HDMI cable and TV were not the problem. I...
  3. YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes: Does anyone else having the problem where YouTube is lagging very bad to the point that the sound keeps going and the videos freezes and if you put it on a higher quality it lags more often ? It’s...
  4. Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C: Hello, This problem was first noticed while playing Mortal Kombat 1 on Xbox Series X with a Samsung S95C OLED. Randomly, the screen will go black, but then come back on within a few seconds in...
  5. Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?: Everytime i game my console freezes, hoes to a green screen and then crashes. Any idea why this is happening? It isn’t just one game it happens on call of duty & Fortnite. Started happening...
  6. I get the black screen issue when i go in the menu and so on xbox series s had it eith...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get the black screen issue when i go in the menu and so on xbox series s had it eith...: I get the black screen issue when i go in the menu and so on xbox series s had it eith another monitor and xbox series x aswell, for the people who have this: i had this problem with both monitors...
  7. Xbox series x dimming on everything except home screen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x dimming on everything except home screen: Hello everyone, I am having issues with the dimming on my Xbox. I went to play Hogwarts Legacy and the screen was so dimmed I couldn't see anything. I quit the game and my screen went back to...
  8. xbox series S black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series S black screen: my wife has a xbox series S, I bought it for her Christmas 2 years ago (2022 Christmas). here in the last 3 month, it flickers to a black screen (no audio) for a second before flicking back to...
  9. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  10. Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button: For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I open or quit an app it will go black ive...