Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

Discus and support Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WalkerLambiotte, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received when I turned it back on, but even with the use of an extra, outside fan that displays the consoles temperature it still shuts down. I have taken the console out of its casing and re-attached and cleaned the fan to no avail. I recently tried running the Xbox without the case on to examine the inside and make sure the internal fan is even spinning, and it is. It works fine while running Youtube TV or Apple Music, but around 5 minutes into running a game it crashes again, despite the temperature being displayed on the outside fan not rising above 72 degrees. Would appreciate any help or advice.

:)

WalkerLambiotte, Dec 4, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error