Xbox Series S Random Forever Shutdown

Discus and support Xbox Series S Random Forever Shutdown in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve had my xbox series s for nearly 2 years. i keep it well cleaned and ventilated because I use it nearly every day I don’t leave it on overnight and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CuriousJoeLBC, May 7, 2024.

1. Xbox Series S Random Forever Shutdown

I’ve had my xbox series s for nearly 2 years. i keep it well cleaned and ventilated because I use it nearly every day I don’t leave it on overnight and sometimes I use it for long periods of time. Today I was watching Youtube and downloading game updates and it shut off quickly and randomly. I tried unplugging and plugging it back in and leaving it alone for a while and turning it back on but it won’t. The vent smells kind of burnt, and the light wont even turn on. This isn't the first time I’ve seen this issue. My brother got a Xbox series S as well and it broke the same way within the first 6 months of him having it. No reason for it to shut off and stop working. I checked online and it says it must have been a heating issue or something of the sort. Now I can understand not cleaning your console and it gets really dusty and stops functioning but I see plenty of people with the same issue with the Series S. After a certain period of time it can be a few weeks to years, it just stops working, the button light doesn't show, and the fan doesn't turn on. I feel like this is a really big issue, two of the same consoles in this house have stopped working for the same reason and multiple people experiencing the same issue, some sort of unexplained overheating. Anything that I come across online with others having this issue leads to the same questions. How did it happen and how can we fix it or prevent it, and often the people who’s consoles break can not explain any of it. They say they might as well buy a new console because it costs more to fix it. If multiple people are having this issue I feel like it has to be something with the manufacturing, my xbox one is still working all these years later and this little console broke down on me after 2 , I use it often so this pretty annoying. Im sure other people want an explanation as to why their console stopped working. I’m unsure if i still have warranty but I felt like this issue is bigger than just me myself going to get my xbox fixed.

:)

CuriousJoeLBC, May 7, 2024
  2. Ex Calibur Win User

Xbox Series X Random Shutdown

As I stated in the original post, I have already tried all of the troubleshooting for this. It happens at very random times. I know it is not overheating because it has never been hot to the touch and after it turns off, it will run continuously afterward with no issue. I have tried using a surge protector and I currently have it plugged directly into the wall outlet. It is still a recurring issue.
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @Ex Calibur, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! Please access the link below and follow the instructions provided to troubleshoot the issue.

The link: Troubleshoot Xbox console unexpectedly turning off | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. Ex Calibur Win User

Update for May 8th, 2021, today my Xbox has turned off 3 times in the middle of a game. My screen goes black and then the Xbox beeps and turns off. The controller does not even turn off, showing that this shutdown is completely irregular and not proper. Can someone at Microsoft please help me?
  5. Radman Free Win User

Xbox series S noises

That's what I am done,put my series s on energy saving and then select full shutdown after that I hear noises on the left side of series s and it won't stop noising unless I unplug it
  6. Cindy-West Win User

Random shutdowns

I'm having the same problem. If they don't fix it, I'm just removing the whole app off my computer.
Thema:

Xbox Series S Random Forever Shutdown

1. Xbox Series S Random Forever Shutdown - Similar Threads - Series Random Forever

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  4. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  5. Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C: Hello, This problem was first noticed while playing Mortal Kombat 1 on Xbox Series X with a Samsung S95C OLED. Randomly, the screen will go black, but then come back on within a few seconds in...
  6. How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox series s from opening movies and tv randomly.: This problem started happening too me around 4 days ago it kept taking me to the Microsoft store to movies and tv to install it so I installed it thinking it would fix it and it got worse it...
  7. Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly: My series S is constantly disconnecting from the wifi and whether the game is online or not it doesn't matter. I've reset the Mac address, checked NAT type, and I've restarted and unplugged it and...
  8. Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?: I dont know how to fix this issue and tried many of the troubleshooting tips but when on my xbox series X sometimes randomly it will completely disconnect from my wireless internet connection and...
  9. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  10. Xbox series s randomly restarted itself

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s randomly restarted itself: I was watching a twitch stream without any heat issues and my Xbox randomly shut off without that sound that it makes when it shuts off then immediately turned back on like i pressed restart. This...