Xbox Series S picture problems with the Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU QLED 4K UHD TV

Discus and support Xbox Series S picture problems with the Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU QLED 4K UHD TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've recently purchased a Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU 4K UHD QLED TV that supports 120hz gaming for the new consoles. I also purchased a Xbox Series S... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by skullnb0nes, Jul 7, 2021.

1. skullnb0nes
    skullnb0nes Guest

I've recently purchased a Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU 4K UHD QLED TV that supports 120hz gaming for the new consoles. I also purchased a Xbox Series S console a couple of days ago and I'm having problems with the picture during gameplay.

I've searched for the recommended settings to setup on the QLED TV for Game Mode on the HDMI 4 (2.1) port for the Series X/S and also setup the recommended settings on the Xbox Series S for games that are capable of 120fps with HDR and VRR (Freesync Premium). I'm getting every so often problems were the TV picture goes blank complete with loss of sound during gameplay for 1-3 seconds and it only happens in game play. I've had no problems when in the games menu or the Xbox Series S dashboard.

I've tried all sorts of settings on the Xbox Series S by turning on and off the VRR, YCC 4:2:2, Auto HDR in the Video Modes and also changed the colour depth in the Video Fidelity & Overscan menu but the problem persists no matter what settings I have on or off.

Anyone else have the QE55Q80A model and if so what settings do you use for the Xbox Series X/S.

I've just purchased a new HDMI 2.1 lead which should arrive in a couple of days to see if it's a problems with the new console HDMI lead or if I can narrow the issue down to the Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU TV.

Please advise Xbox Series S picture problems with the Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU QLED 4K UHD TV :)

:)

skullnb0nes, Jul 7, 2021
  2. MisterClever0ne Win User

What do you play on?

playing on 55' Samsung qled 4k with xbox one x! picture is so sharp!
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Best TV for XBOX ONE X

Older models may have only one HDMI input that works with 4k, also I know from my Samsung, that I had to activate the HDMI port for UHD 4K Colour. I would love an OLED or QLED Tv but my pockest are not bursting with coin, so will have to stick with my
    old 4K Samsung, which supports everything but Dolby Vision. I am happy with it though.
  4. Very Fat Santa8 Win User

What do you play on?

i got myself a toshiba fire tv but plan on upgrading to a samsung QLED 4k tv for next gen
  5. Ecko-6B2570FA-4302-4 Win User

Vizio: Vudu HDR and Dolbyvision not working

Hi EMINENT1,

Doing some research I came about this link:
    https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.php?947250-VUDU-UHD-Compatible-Devices-List

In that link an employee of VUDU's marketing team lists the devices that are compatible:

4K Ultra HD playback only

LG 2016 & 2017 UHD 4K TVs

Nvidia Shield TV

Roku 4, Premiere, Premiere+, Ultra (paired with a compatible 4K HDTV)

Roku 4K TVs

Samsung KS, MU and Q-Series 4K TVs

Samsung Blu-ray Disc Player UBD-M9500 *Newly Added*

VIZIO P-Series 4K HDTVs

VIZIO M-Series 4K HDTVs

Xbox One S

4K Ultra HD + Dolby Vision HDR playback

Google Chromecast Ultra

VIZIO Reference Series HDTVs

VIZIO 2016 Smartcast P-Series 4K TVs

VIZIO 2016 Smartcast M-Series 4K TVs

LG 2016 & 2017 Super UHD 4K TVs

LG 2016 OLED 4K TVs - G6, E6, C6 & B6 Models

LG 2017 OLED 4K TVs ? W7, G7, E7 C7 and B7 Models

Your best bet to get this added would be to either contact VUDU support, or add a post at the following link so Microsoft knows your interest:
    https://xbox.uservoice.com

Hope this helps.
  6. BulletClubKO Win User

4K HDR help

so then why would the resolution not go to 4k?

as simple as it seems, its a little odd.

so my tv is samsung 65" 4K UHD HDR

xbox one S connected to hdmi 2 (ARC)
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S picture problems with the Samsung QE55Q80AATXXU QLED 4K UHD TV - Similar Threads - Series picture problems

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  6. Xbox Series S graphics and picture quality a

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S graphics and picture quality a: The graphics were very impressive and exactly how it was meant to be, however, now the graphics are terrible compared to beforehand and I’m not quite sure how to get it back again. The games still...
  7. Xbox Series X console turns on, but no picture. Tried different HDMI leads no joy.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X console turns on, but no picture. Tried different HDMI leads no joy.: Xbox series x turns on, but no Picture. HDMI leads Changed still no joy. Tried all HDMI ports. What to do 5c831746-6730-4f57-95bd-b75a479de0d4
  8. Series X repeatedly loses picture while everything else functions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X repeatedly loses picture while everything else functions: So I've been trying to figure this out for months now and have come up empty handed. Heres what happens. Everything works perfectly as it should, and remains that way for a couple hours-ish. Then...
  9. How can i change my profile picture xbox 360 from my xbox series X

in XboX Insiders
    How can i change my profile picture xbox 360 from my xbox series X: Hi, i wonder if it is possibile to change my profile picture linked with my xbox 360 account. I never had a chance to choise my profile picture, when i started playing 360 titles for the first...
  10. What methods can I use to download or upload pictures to my Xbox One and Xbox Series X to...

in XBoX on Windows
    What methods can I use to download or upload pictures to my Xbox One and Xbox Series X to...: I am trying to get a custom picture on to my Xbox One and Xbox Series X, however all the methods that have been provided in other "How To" guides online do not work due to the methods being phased...