Xbox series S overheating

Discus and support Xbox series S overheating in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got my xbox series s and after about 2 hours i noticed it was getting pretty warm, just checking if this an issue anyone else has had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MattWright09, Dec 21, 2020.

1. MattWright09
    MattWright09 Guest

Just got my xbox series s and after about 2 hours i noticed it was getting pretty warm, just checking if this an issue anyone else has had

:)

MattWright09, Dec 21, 2020
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Series S overheating

Hi, PTGM! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

No, I wouldn't say is normal for a console to overheat like that.

Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles normally shut down to protect the system from overheating, you can tell a console shut down due to overheating because it will give you a warning the next time you turn it on.

The following text comes from Xbox Support's official guide on how to position an Xbox Series S console:

"Make sure that you place your console on a stable surface that is well-ventilated, relatively cool, and away from direct heat sources. Don't put other objects on, under, or right next to the console. For proper ventilation and to prevent overheating, be sure that your console has a minimum of 4-6 inches of clearance on all sides. Do not place your console inside an enclosed cabinet. Make sure that none of the console’s vents are blocked."

Source: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

* If your console continues to overheat despite its correct placement, then I'd suggest issuing a service order for it, as it's very likely this hardware-related. You can register your console at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

Once your console is registered, click on "See details" and start a service order from the "Device coverage" section.

NOTE: even if your console is no longer under warranty, you could still issue a repair order from Microsoft but it would have a cost. Out-of-warranty costs can be found at: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Lil C138 Win User

Just got my xbox series s and after about 2 hours i noticed it was getting pretty warm, just checking if this an issue anyone else has had
    Hi MattWright09! I have a series s myself and it does get pretty warm after hours of use, after all it is a pretty powerful machine. Just make sure you have enough room for it to ventilate to avoid any problems. If it is overheated or too hot to touch then
    there definitely is a problem. Hope this helps, and you have yourself a great holiday!
  4. Georges C. Win User

Xbox Series S overheating

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Mohammad, when it says that your S Series is overheating, it turns off and the console shows the overheating warning?

Or when you are playing and depending on the game and room temperature the console fan increases the rotation and makes more noise than normal?
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox Series S overheating

Did it specifically say it was overheating, or did it just shut off?

The latter is going into protect mode to prevent data corruption
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Your consul is not overheating. It is a high-end electronic device and they put out a lot of heat. Please go watch any PC enthusiast video he will see massive cooling systems. If your Xbox is overheating it will shut down and display a message saying it’s
    overheating. If you don’t see that it’s not overheating
Thema:

1. Xbox series S overheating - Similar Threads - series overheating

2. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  3. Series X overheating after last Alpha Skip Ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Series X overheating after last Alpha Skip Ahead update: Ever since the most recent Alpha Skip Ahead update the fan speed remains at it's idol speed. The fan speed controller no longer gets told to increase fan speed as the need arises. Could also be...
  4. How to fix my overheating Xbox Series X and/or get Microsoft support to contact me!

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my overheating Xbox Series X and/or get Microsoft support to contact me!: I have an Xbox Series X with an overheating problem, it regularly turns off and won't turn back on unless I leave it unplugged overnight. A similar issue occurred when I first bought it 9 months...
  5. My Xbox series x is overheating can you help me

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series x is overheating can you help me: My Xbox series x is overheating can you help me 409112b8-8d28-4d74-9da1-4f5dedcc9f85
  6. Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?: Hi community, I’ve been having issues with games crashing for what I think is an overheating problem. Let me go into detail with this because I’ve done a lot of researching and testing and not...
  7. My Xbox series s is overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s is overheating: While playing starfield after an hour or two my series s crashes out and the console is very hot to the touch what options would be best to remedy this? 2324ddb9-9967-4e42-85f7-74de6d82ae2c
  8. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...
  9. My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...: Is there anything I could do to fix this 4dadb505-e7b6-4ab3-b382-1c1cda309b61
  10. Xbox series x overheating while playing mw2 online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x overheating while playing mw2 online: My Xbox series x has recently started shutting down in the middle of playing mw2 online and when I turn it back on I get a message saying my console is overheating. I bought a external cooling fan...