Xbox series S only home button working on controller

Discus and support Xbox series S only home button working on controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Basically what the title says. I have an xbox series S, with the series S controller. It first started with the problem of the controller not syncing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wyatt Thulander, Aug 11, 2023.

1. Xbox series S only home button working on controller

Basically what the title says. I have an xbox series S, with the series S controller. It first started with the problem of the controller not syncing with the battery packs (instead of double As, controller syncs fine with double As, not a big a deal.) But now with the packs or with double As I can get the controller to sync but only the home button works. No other buttons are responsive, I thought maybe it was a controller issue so I went ahead and bought a new controller, controller worked fine yesterday now today same issue. Only home button works, with the controller being ruled out is it time for a new Xbox? Or can it be fixed?

:)

Wyatt Thulander, Aug 11, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help.

Try this procedure, hope it helps: Plug the power cord back into your Xbox Series X|S; Turn on the control; Press and hold the sync button on your Xbox Series X|S; Press the sync button on the controller until the time it starts flashing rapidly, then release it.

Hope I helped and see you soon
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Question on how to refresh the Home Screen on my Series S

4. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  5. Francia J. Win User

Xbox Series S Controller A button not working on Minecraft only.

Hi C, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I experience this recently, turns out it is my keyboard that is causing the issue. Do you have anything plugged into your console? An external hard drive, mouse, keyboard, or third-party headsets? If yes, can you please unplug them and then perform a powercycle and lastly test the game again? Keep the accessories unplugged.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  6. Darci Ashford Win User

Xbox Series S Controller A button not working on Minecraft only.

what do i do if i have minecraft installed on the external hard drive tough
Thema:

1. Xbox series S only home button working on controller - Similar Threads - series home button

2. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  3. my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi: my xbox series x is being a huge hassle right now. it connects to my phone hotspot just fine but it says my password for my home wifi is wrong when its not! my phone and laptop both easily...
  4. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  5. Xbox series x dimming on everything except home screen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x dimming on everything except home screen: Hello everyone, I am having issues with the dimming on my Xbox. I went to play Hogwarts Legacy and the screen was so dimmed I couldn't see anything. I quit the game and my screen went back to...
  6. Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...: Urgent as Xbox not doing anything ca1586cd-ca3e-4e18-ad0d-9372ddc39e9f
  7. Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button: Lately when I get done playing and try to turn off my Series X , it stays on the home screen instead . The only solution I can find so far is unplug it . Does anyone have another solution ....
  8. Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button: For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I open or quit an app it will go black ive...
  9. Elite series 2 home button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 home button: My elite series 2wireless controller only stays on while plugged in all buttons work fine except my home button .if pushed instead of bringing me to Home Screen it shuts everything off??...
  10. Can you fix elite series 2 controller blue home button and unresponsive except for left stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you fix elite series 2 controller blue home button and unresponsive except for left stick: After connecting to a different Xbox for the first time and pressing the change profile button, the controllers home button turned dark blue and came unresponsive except for the left analog stick...