Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working

Discus and support Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently had some internet issues but that all sorted now and now my Xbox won’t work using a ethernet cable just wondering if anyone else has had this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jack .6, Feb 9, 2024.

1. Jack .6
    Jack .6 Guest

Recently had some internet issues but that all sorted now and now my Xbox won’t work using a ethernet cable just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or problem

:)

Jack .6, Feb 9, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Jack, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to connect using a different LAN cable?

Please, try clearing your MAC address.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, then Settings.

In the General tab, select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

Restart your console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console and then select Restart.

(If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

Sign in to your console.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Andy Ferreira Win User

Xbox series X wired connection not working

I’m having the same issue my Xbox series s all of a sudden it doesn’t connect to the network while it’s wired I checked the Ethernet cable and it works fine with other consoles so it’s not the Ethernet cable I don’t know what to do anymore
  4. KillamPH Win User

My wired connection wont work to my 360

Also: when i set my laptop to wireless then select properties and click on sharing the device's connection, and run an ethernet cable from the laptop ethernet port to the 360's ethernet port, then run the wired network connection test, it works.
  5. xLoGx ID U S IK Win User

Xbox 360s only allowing the use of an Ethernet Cable

Neither the wired connection nor the wireless works now. I get different errors for both. The xbox doesn't recognize an unconnected ethernet cable for wireless and for wired I get the series of suggested help functions that don't help.

Thanks for the suggestions.
  6. ProBluecheese21 Win User

Xbox one s network connection issues

The only thing that worked for me was buying an ethernet cable and establishing a wired connection to the Xbox S. This is a common issue with the Xbox S as far as I can tell. Most any category ethernet cable should work. The higher the category, the faster
    the connection.
Thema:

1. Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working - Similar Threads - series connecting ethernet

2. Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off: My series X has been connected via Ethernet for months now with no issue, after a change in provider, it is no longer working on a wired connection (which I need as the wifi does not reach me)....
  3. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  4. My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...: my xbox is basically missing a key a feature. 50b9ab2e-b479-4799-b40c-3dffc6bebe5f
  5. Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo

in XboX Insiders
    Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo: Tried to turn on my xbox today and it wont let me connect to wifi. Did all the troubleshooting tips i found online. Then stumbled upon a post from this sub where an apparent xbox employee respoded...
  6. When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...: I got a new XBox Series X for Christmas, plugged it into my wired ethernet connection (the same one I was using for my PS4 console with no issues), and shortly after I did this I noticed my...
  7. anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...: ive tried every fix possible, im far from stupid and been using computers/consoles since the 70s, starting with atari 2600 to coding on a zx spectrum 48k when i was 12. there is definitely a...
  8. Ping High on XBOX Series S even on ethernet connection

in XboX Insiders
    Ping High on XBOX Series S even on ethernet connection: Doing some testing on my xbox and noticed my latency was pretty high for some reason (between 53-60, even hit 101 on one test) I checked on my laptop and I am on 12 ms ping. I have gone through...
  9. Series X unable to connect to Network (Ethernet) after low power sleep until rebooted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X unable to connect to Network (Ethernet) after low power sleep until rebooted: Found an issue affecting Xbox Series X network connectivity on startup from power save mode (.5v). Unable to detect Ethernet network interface until reboot. This issue occurs when a Western...
  10. Xbox series X ethernet connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X ethernet connection issues: I have recently purchased a Series X. The console performance is exceptional however I routinely have to restart the console when first turning on to get the ethernet connection to work. This is...