Xbox series s not allowing cloud gaming

Discus and support Xbox series s not allowing cloud gaming in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have the xbox ultimate pass and can play the cloud based games no problem on pc, and other devices, however.... I keep getting "Failed to start cloud... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by bsilkey, Nov 1, 2023.

1. bsilkey
    bsilkey Guest

I have the xbox ultimate pass and can play the cloud based games no problem on pc, and other devices, however.... I keep getting "Failed to start cloud gaming session, unable to communicate with servers, please try again." anytime i try to use my xbox series s. Its fully up to date, so i don't understand the issue. I'm able to play on the pc next to my xbox so the internet is not a problem, i can access the internet from my xbox however just have issues with the cloud services.

:)

bsilkey, Nov 1, 2023
  2. Jay8007 Win User

The Walking Dead: Michonne is it only the first episode free ? and not the complete game ?

But in all other write ups the game is listed as complete

Nov. 1

• The Legend of Tianding (Xbox Series X|S Optimized, Xbox One, PC, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
    • The Walking Dead: A New Frontier — The Complete Season (PC)
    • The Walking Dead: Michonne — The Complete Season (PC)
    Oct. 27

• Frog Detective: The Entire Mystery (PC)
    • Gunfire Reborn (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
    • SIGNALIS (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
    Oct. 21

• Persona 5 Royal (Xbox Series X|S Optimized, Xbox One, PC, & Xbox Cloud Gaming)
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Bsilkey, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a problem playing in the cloud on your Xbox Series S. I also understand that you have an active subscription, so in order to help you, I suggest you follow the following steps:

First of all, please check if it allows you to play in the cloud through a browser on your PC through the following link:

https://www.xbox.com/play

If it leaves you there and it doesn't on the Xbox, I suggest you connect your console to a mobile access point, that is, another internet network. You can share your internet from the phone to the console once by doing this and if the problem persists, then do the following procedure in your console:

1. Press the Xbox Button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console information.
    3. Select Reset console.
    4. On the Reset console? screen. You will see three options, and you must select the one that says reset and keep my games and applications.

As additional information, I leave you the following link: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/cloud-gaming/setup-cloud-gaming-xbox-console

Let me know if this information was useful to you, otherwise I will be attentive to continue helping you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  4. Brody Silkey Win User

Thank you! it worked once i switched to a different network (I.E. my hotspot on my phone) and then I was able to connect to the network afterwards.
  5. kipson_10 Win User

ask

6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X cloud gaming

Hi,

Pressing the Xbox button on the controller should allow you go back to the dashboard. There shouldn't be any need to turn the console off when having issues with Cloud based games. What game/s were you having issues with?

While cloud is great for testing out games, you should download the game pass titles for better performance. You don't need a Series X to play Cloud games.
Thema:

1. Xbox series s not allowing cloud gaming - Similar Threads - series allowing cloud

2. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3
  3. How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?: So I recently bought a 8tb game hub for my Xbox series s to add storage, i formatted it and got everything working. But after I spent hours transferring things, it wouldn’t allow me to play my...
  4. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  5. Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S: Hello. Could anyone tell me what are the specs I should look into when buying a monitor, so that it can be used for playing Fortnite on Xbox series S at 120fps? I have recently acquired a monitor...
  6. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  7. My profile is not allowed to play on the Xbox network for Xbox series X how can I fix this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My profile is not allowed to play on the Xbox network for Xbox series X how can I fix this: My profile is not allowed to play on Xbox network Xbox series X how can I fix this 646b01e6-88df-437b-9ab2-e29ae5af7aba
  8. Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app: Hello, When Xbox Series S audio is set to output uncompressed stereo with Passthrough enabled, Netflix and YouTube apps output uncompressed stereo instead of Dolby digital plus such as Disney+ or...
  9. (solved) Xbox series s not allowing me to connect to xbox live or start any game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    (solved) Xbox series s not allowing me to connect to xbox live or start any game.: So today i was about to play something on my Xbox series s and when i selected a game it reset my Xbox and now says i have a wired connection when i don't and now whenever i try to start any game...
  10. Are customers who bought series s consoles last Christmas be allowed to upgrade to the 1tb...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are customers who bought series s consoles last Christmas be allowed to upgrade to the 1tb...: I bought a new series s last Christmas and have been waiting for the price of the expansion cards to drop. With news of a 1tb series s console coming soon there should be an option to upgrade from...