Xbox Series S Network Connectivity Issues - Wireless Access Points

Discus and support Xbox Series S Network Connectivity Issues - Wireless Access Points in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I own a Series S that runs a wireless connection within a house that has a network system (modem and router) with access points placed all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by billy6518, Jul 17, 2021.

1. billy6518
    billy6518 Guest

Hello! I own a Series S that runs a wireless connection within a house that has a network system (modem and router) with access points placed all around, one being right above the room where the console is placed. I've been having an issue where the console tends to connect to a completely different access point at a different part of the house after playing a span of either 5 minutes to an hour, rather than the one that it's closest to. Even after disconnecting and reconnecting, it will always revert back to the same issue. I've tried clearing my MAC Address, selecting a different port selection, nothing seems to be working. The way the house is set up, it's virtually impossible to do a wired connection. Is there anyone that can help me find a solution to this? Thank you in advance.

:)

billy6518, Jul 17, 2021
  2. Jason of Oz Win User

What is the max Internet Speed the Xbox Series X can receive.

Depends on how you're connected to your local network.

The Xbox Series X has a 1 Gb Ethernet adaptor and an 802.11ac wireless adaptor. While Ethernet can reliably deliver its 1 Gb/s if your internet connection offers it, wireless depends heavily on your wireless access point and its different possible stream configurations. The theoretical maximum 802.11ac can achieve is just shy of 7000 Mb/s; realistically your Xbox's connections are more likely to cap out at 1000 Mb/s on 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mb/s on 5 GHz.

Wireless speeds are difficult to predict due to the shared nature of radio broadcasts.
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Can’t sign into Xbox, get a white screen

Hello Adam I, My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

Unfortunately, encountering a blank screen when trying to log in to your Xbox Series S can be frustrating. Here are some additional steps you could try to try to resolve this issue:

Check your internet connection: Make sure your Xbox Series S is connected to the internet correctly. Check your wireless or wired connection to make sure it is working properly.

Check network settings: Access the network settings on your Xbox Series S to ensure that it is connected to the appropriate network and that the network settings are correct.

Clear the console cache: Turn off the Xbox Series S completely (you can do this by holding down the power button for a few seconds) and disconnect it from the power for a few minutes. Then plug it back in and turn it on to see if this resolves the issue.

Try a different user profile: Try signing in with a different user profile, if possible. This could help determine if the issue is tied specifically to your Xbox profile or is more generalized.

Update your console: Check to see if there are software updates available for your Xbox Series S and try to install them. Sometimes system updates can fix performance or bug issues.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

My xbox series s is saykng im wired to when im not and am trykng to connect bact to the wireless wifi

Hello DEATHTHEKID325,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are having challenges in connecting your Xbox Series S console through wireless connection. Let us work as a team to get this achieved.

If we may ask, is this the first time you are trying to connect your Xbox Series S to your wireless network? Does your wireless network being detected by the Xbox Series S console?

To help you troubleshoot your Xbox network connection, follow the steps provided in the article below and choose the steps that fits to the problem you are experiencing. Here is the link: Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection | Xbox Support

Let us know the outcome after performing the steps so that we can proceed to the next steps to what to do. We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox 360 S Internet Adapter?

Hi William! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

The Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter is compatible with both the original Xbox 360 console and the Xbox 360 S console. If you connect the adapter to an Xbox 360 S console, it will disable the internal wireless N feature of the console.

***Using the external adapter may improve signal strength and bandwidth if your wireless access point is far from your console.
  6. RainingRoses Win User

Difficult connection of the pad at the console.

Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Network Connectivity Issues - Wireless Access Points - Similar Threads - Series Network Connectivity

2. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  3. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  4. My xbox series x doesn't connect to xbox network but is connected to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x doesn't connect to xbox network but is connected to the internet: So I've tried every single fix out there to try and fix the issue but my console won't connect to the xbox network. I can't sign in as it says I do not have an Internet connect but when I click...
  5. Xbox Series S not connected nor acting connected, but saying it's connected only in network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S not connected nor acting connected, but saying it's connected only in network...: My Xbox is connected to a network but saying it's not connected nor is it acting like it aside from showing directly from network settings menu. It's the only device not working properly. I've...
  6. Xbox Series S not working and saying its not connected to Internet outside of network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S not working and saying its not connected to Internet outside of network...: My Xbox is connected to a network but saying it's not connected nor is it acting like it aside from showing directly from network settings menu. It's the only device not working properly. I've...
  7. Xbox Series S saying it's connected to network only in network settings. It doesn't act or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S saying it's connected to network only in network settings. It doesn't act or...: My Xbox is connected to a network but saying it's not connected nor is it acting like it aside from showing directly from network settings menu. It's the only device not working properly. I've...
  8. Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network: Logged off the console last night everything was fine. This morning its unable to connect to the network. Tried doing a console reset (power cycle) and then tried a reboot. Now it wont load up as...
  9. Xbox series X wont sign in to account and wont connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X wont sign in to account and wont connect to xbox network: I have an issue where my xbox wont connect to the xbox network and wont sign in to my account. I have searched online and tried everything. I have restarted my console a bunch now and also tried...
  10. I can't connect my xbox series S to the 5G network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect my xbox series S to the 5G network.: I can't connect my xbox series S to the 5G network. 4a531a10-cb3c-4332-80e3-cf0a6fc34e7d