Xbox Series S keeps restarting on its own

Discus and support Xbox Series S keeps restarting on its own in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My series s has suddenly started to restart on its own every few seconds. It's well ventilated, I've triple checked the power supply, and I've power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nioe1997, Jan 22, 2024.

1. nioe1997
    nioe1997 Guest

My series s has suddenly started to restart on its own every few seconds. It's well ventilated, I've triple checked the power supply, and I've power cycled it several times. However it still keeps restarting a few seconds after I sign in. There's so little time between restarts that I simply can't get into the settings long enough to do anything there.

This is the latest in several problems I've had to fix recently and I'm beginning to wonder if the hardware is just worn with age and the console needs replaced. Either way, I'm pretty fed up and considering just throwing it out. I'd still welcome any tips however.

:)

nioe1997, Jan 22, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Nioe1997, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am truly sorry to hear that.

Please, register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

I hope this helps.
  3. [Farscape] Win User

KINNECT

the xbox one s and the xbox one x need an adapter to make it usb and that also comes with its own power supply.

the xbox series s and x don't support kinect.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Skyrim Legendary edition isn't recognised by Series X console

I totally understand, however, the game has its own version that can be played on Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S and the 360 version game is not backward-compatible, even if we want to it is not designed to be played on the Xbox Series X|S console.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

replace game pass install with purchased cd

Please verify that you were playing on an Xbox series console, and not a one console. There are Xbox one S and X and Xbox series S and X, must be Series

If you put a disc in your S console it's a one.

It will not say owned unless you actually purchase it digitally. It will say "installable" or if it's installed and updated "play"

If you feel it's not reading your disc, please try a Blu-ray movie in the drive, and also go to power and choose "restart" in the guide.
  6. OG SuperSonic Win User

Series X keeps turning on on its own

I’m having the same problem. It keeps happening and the only solution for me is to pull the power plug out.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S keeps restarting on its own - Similar Threads - Series keeps restarting

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  4. Xbox series X, controllers keep disconecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X, controllers keep disconecting: Hi, my controllers keep disconecting every few seconds. It started happening simultaneously a few months ago. The original controller and the one that I bought later. I’ve tried everything....
  5. My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting: A couple months ago I bought a brand new controller with the official rechargeable battery pack. I have had issues with the controller disconnecting and losing power since day one. Today I decided...
  6. Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?: The issue began about a month and a half ago and has gotten consistently worse. I will be in the middle on a Overwatch 2 game and the latency will jump from 30 to the 1600s and then the console...
  7. Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...: Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20 minutes is there a flaw in the system? 9012cfd8-a38f-45d4-b974-c21901092b3e
  8. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  9. My xbox series S keeps making my router turn off/restart.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox series S keeps making my router turn off/restart.: Every time I try to install a game or update a game for longer than 20 minutes my router restarts. Now I've tried restarting my xbox even hard restarting it then I restarted my router and that...
  10. My Xbox series keeps kicking me out when I play call of duty , tried restarting the Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series keeps kicking me out when I play call of duty , tried restarting the Xbox...: I bought a xbox series s last year and now all of sudden my game call of duty keeps freezing and kicks me out to the Xbox home screen and sometimes the Xbox just switches off by itself as well...