Xbox series s hot spot wifi 5gz not showing

Discus and support Xbox series s hot spot wifi 5gz not showing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My hot spot 5gz from my phone not showing on series s i tried clear mac it didnt help I need help ad4c3464-f546-4e26-9d41-242ffbfbf115 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Samuelmni, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Samuelmni
    Samuelmni Guest

My hot spot 5gz from my phone not showing on series s i tried clear mac it didnt help

I need help

:)

Samuelmni, Feb 25, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Samuelmni, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Try this on your console:

First, clean the cache of your console that way:

1. With the console turned on, hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until you hear a small sound.

2. Wait 10 seconds.

3. Turn it back on.

Note: It may take a while for it to turn on, don't worry, it's normal.

Then, restore your console keeping the games and apps:

***IMPORTANT*** If you share accounts with someone, you will have to redo the process of placing the account as the main one again, be aware of the chances you still have to do this, as Microsoft makes available per year, only 5 chances so you can make some account your console's main account. Make Sure to know all passwords and email addresses of your accounts, you will need to log then back in. :)

1. Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console Information >

3. Select Reset console > Restore and keep my games and apps.

4. When asked to pull settings from an old Xbox, choose no, thanks

5. You will have to log in to your accounts again, and when you sign in with your account, make sure you turn it has your home console also, that's it.

NOTE: Rest assured, you won't lose games or saves
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Hi,

Are other devices able to find and connect to your mobile hotspot? What phone is it - iPhone, Samsung, etc. Please confirm the exact model if possible, as well as what network provider you’re on.

Try the steps here (specifically under ‘my console can’t see my wireless network’):

Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection | Xbox Support

Also refer to the relevant support guide depending on the phone you have (I’ve included a few for the most popular ones). These go through all the steps to adjust and configure your network settings:

Apple:

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support

Samsung:

Use a mobile hotspot on your Galaxy phone or tablet - Samsung Support

Huawei:

Personal Hotspot | HUAWEI Support Global

LG:

Make Your Device a Mobile Hotspot - LG Support

You would especially want to verify that your specific network isn’t hidden to other devices - this is most likely enabled, as this would prevent devices from identifying the network.

Also, if your device supports both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz band, then this can also affect your ability to connect. 2.4GHz is slower but has more range, while 5GHz is typically faster with less range. You should still be able to connect to a 5GHz on an Xbox Series S though.

If you’ve updated the required settings and this error still persists, then restart both your console and phone so the changes properly take effect, and try again.

Hope this helps.
  4. Chaia Lenor Win User

Remote Play won't turn on or connect to the Xbox

Hi

Normally on wifi, but tried wired and on a hot spot and still no luck.

:/
  5. Daddi261 Win User

Unable to update games due to 0x87e00005

It worked for us over a hot spot mobile provider Vodafone. We started the download on the hot-spot then once it had started switched to Three mobile WiFi through the hauwei router and the download of rainbow six seige completed saving data on the hot-spot.
    But the queued games didn't so we will have to start any download/update on the hot spot then switch over.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

question hoping for an answer

I doubt they will allow USB network devices. The "phone" thing was phone as a hot spot, so over WiFi.
Thema:

1. Xbox series s hot spot wifi 5gz not showing - Similar Threads - series hot spot

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  7. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  8. Is 95 degreees F (35c) to hot for a series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is 95 degreees F (35c) to hot for a series S: Hello. I recently bought a cooling for for my xbox series s to help it keep cool during the summer time cuase were i live it can get hot. Is 95f (35c) to hot for the xbox? should i be concered?...
  9. Xbox series x running hot causing slower connection speeds only when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x running hot causing slower connection speeds only when gaming: Xbox series x running hot causing slower connection speeds only when gaming not running as hot during app usage or streaming so no hot Temps being pushed out and no change in connection. I have...
  10. My Xbox series X turns off when I’m playing a 360 game. It doesn’t feel hot, and I’m not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X turns off when I’m playing a 360 game. It doesn’t feel hot, and I’m not...: Currently playing fable 3 and my Xbox just randomly shuts off. Any suggestions other than hard reset? b4c2f001-e52c-4c3a-a2a9-18b5830f4ae3