Xbox series s HDMI fault

Discus and support Xbox series s HDMI fault in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to fix an Xbox series s that has just gone out of warranty. There is no signal from the HDMI output at switch on and the device switches... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Richard Grady1, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Xbox series s HDMI fault

I am trying to fix an Xbox series s that has just gone out of warranty. There is no signal from the HDMI output at switch on and the device switches itself off after about 40sec. I have dismantled and connected a bench power supply set at 12V and have noticed that the PCB draws about 1.3A after a couple of seconds (initially current is low), even without pressing the Xbox button to turn it on. Is this normal?

If I then switch on, the current increase slightly. Nothing on the PCB is getting particularly hot.

:)

Richard Grady1, Nov 26, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox series s HDMI fault

We cannot assist with self repair,
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

4k 120hz issue

Hi,

Do you have the Xbox One, or the Xbox Series S? You'd be surprised how many people get the names confused.

If it's an Xbox One S, then that console doe not support 120Hz @ 4K. Also, the HDMI out on the Xbox One S is HDMI 2.0, not 2.1. Only the Xbox Series S and Series X support 4K @ 120Hz via the console settings. The One S is only 1080P.

Bear in mind also, that there are no games for the Xbox One S that do 120Hz (or 120 fps). The 120Hz option is only there to support VRR (variable refresh rate).

If you want to play 120Hz supported games, you will need a Series X. The Series S support of 120Hz games is a lot more limited.

Note that on the Qn95a, only HDMI 4 supports HDMI 2.1
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

The Xbox One X is the only console that has HDMI 2.1. Xbox One S has HDMI 2.0.
    The Xbox One S and One X both use HDMI 2.0,

The Xbox One uses HDMI 1.4

The Series X will have HDMI 2.1.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Can someone help with set up for a tv with a Roku stick?

Yes. The HDMI port on the Series S is an output. So you would just plug an HDMI cable from the Series S to your TV.
  6. costin mirel Win User

Can i still connect the hdmi port to my monitor?

Can i connect the HDMI cable to the monitor with the original HDMI cable that u get from the xbox series s?
Thema:

Xbox series s HDMI fault

1. Xbox series s HDMI fault - Similar Threads - series HDMI fault

2. Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI: My Xbox series x was not displaying on my screen and the HDMI was not being detected. I saw several videos and tried several things that told me that the HDMI cable and TV were not the problem. I...
  3. HDMI CEC issues on my Xbox Series S :(

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC issues on my Xbox Series S :(: The HDMI CEC works fine when my Xbox controls the volume, but my Samsung TV remote doesn't work on my Xbox any help? submitted by /u/Accurate-Ferret-6108 [link] [comments]
  4. HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s: Hello the HDMI-CEC feature does not work with the tv volume. I have turned it the HDMI-CEC setting on both my xbox AND Television, restarted both, unplugged the hdmi but still not working. Ive...
  5. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x: I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years because of this because i forgot to take the hdmi...
  6. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  7. Will the Xbox Series S do 120Hz at 1080p on HDMI 1.4?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Xbox Series S do 120Hz at 1080p on HDMI 1.4?: I am looking to buy a new monitor. Will the Series S do 1080p at 120Hz on KOORUI MONITOR ONE? If not will KOORUI MONITOR TWO be able to do 1080p at 120Hz. My aim is for 1080p 120hz. KOORUI...
  8. Is this HDMI port repairable (XBOX SERIES X)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this HDMI port repairable (XBOX SERIES X): [img] XBOX SERIES X HDMI PORT I know this is a stupid question, and I already know the answer, given the state of the port, but is there any way this console can be fixed without sending it off...
  9. Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv: This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come back, but then it thinks my connection is...
  10. Xbox Series S, No controller, No HDMI, powers itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S, No controller, No HDMI, powers itself off.: I have an Xbox Series S, and recently it began having a severe issue making the console completely unusable. I connect the power cable to the wall, and a good confirmed working HDMI cable to the...