Xbox series s has trouble remembering wifi

Discus and support Xbox series s has trouble remembering wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Almost every time I sign into my Xbox series s I have to sign into my wifi with the password. It never remembers my wifi, I’ve followed multiple steps... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cory Crabtree, Sep 27, 2023.

1. Xbox series s has trouble remembering wifi

Almost every time I sign into my Xbox series s I have to sign into my wifi with the password. It never remembers my wifi, I’ve followed multiple steps to fix this and nothing changes. It’s 100% the Xbox’s fault because this never happened to any of my other devices including my Xbox one that’s used on the daily

:)

Cory Crabtree, Sep 27, 2023
  2. Cliff A. Win User

Hi Cory Crabtree

We have not heard anything from you in the last 72 hours. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that the issue you reported to us has been resolved. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you've dedicated to getting a resolution for this issue of yours.

Please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Cliff A. Win User

Hi Cory Crabtree

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

I do understand the urgency of you wanting to find other ways for this issue of yours in regards with your Wi-Fi not remembering your console. We are very glad to help you out to find some of the best possible options and troubleshooting's that we can provide for you.

First and foremost, I would like to ask if you have tried restarting your Xbox Series S and your router? If not, please try restarting both devices and see if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists, you can try the following steps:

1. Go to the "Settings" menu on your Xbox Series S.

2. Select "Network" and then "Network settings".

3. Select "Advanced settings".

4. Under the "Wireless" section, select "Forget wireless network".

5. Restart your Xbox Series S and then reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.

If the above steps do not work, you can try resetting your network settings to default. Here's how:

2. Select "Network" and then "Network settings".

3. Select "Advanced settings".

4. Under the "Alternate MAC address" section, select "Clear".

5. Restart your Xbox Series S and then reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.

If the issue still persists after trying the above steps, you can try updating your Xbox Series S to the latest software version. Here's how:

2. Select "System" and then "Updates".

3. Select "Console update available" and then follow the on-screen instructions to update your Xbox Series S.

In addition, you can try to refer on this support article in regards with your Xbox network connection, click here: Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your issue. I hope all of this information's are helpful. We look forward on your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Cory Crabtree Win User

I should not have to do this so often again, my trusty Xbox one stays connected/logged into my wifi all the time every time. It’s the Xbox series s that’s the problem. I literally tested them side by side and guess which Xbox had no trouble signing into my wifi
  5. Cory Crabtree Win User

I had the same issue again today. Followed your steps, the only thing that worked was me resigning back into my wifi
  6. Cory Crabtree Win User

I’ve been trying these steps for the past day and it hasn’t changed anything. The only way to “fix it” so far is to just resign into my wifi which I shouldn’t have to do. My Xbox is fully updated
Thema:

1. Xbox series s has trouble remembering wifi - Similar Threads - series has trouble

2. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  3. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  4. Xbox series X has problems starting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has problems starting up: Has anyone else had issues with this? My best guess is probably a failing power supply from research. It started a few weeks ago I will go to start my Xbox Series X up and the light on the console...
  5. LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light (IN PC)

in XboX Insiders
    LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light (IN PC): I wanna know if there is any way to turn off the led or set a lower intensity to it, in the night it is very uncomfortable. I know there is a way to change it in console but I didn't found any in...
  6. LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light

in XboX Insiders
    LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light: I wanna know if there is any way to turn off the led or set a lower intensity to it, in the night it is very uncomfortable submitted by /u/isma_d_h [link] [comments]
  7. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  8. Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...: I'm really curious if I can replace the Xbox series x hard drive with the Xbox 360 hard drive to play Xbox 360 games 6f9f477b-cc97-4697-af8b-5c4827b1134a
  9. Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...: My Xbox played 4K-BR seamlessly before April 2024, but as of May 2024, my Xbox Series X has stopped reading all 4K UHD Blu-ray discs (BD50, BD66, BD100) - whilst all other formats (DVD, Blu-ray...
  10. Has anyone dealt with a situation in which an Xbox Series X doesn’t power on at all? Has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone dealt with a situation in which an Xbox Series X doesn’t power on at all? Has...: My Xbox series X, after running thru all the troubleshooting fixes/suggestions, still doesn’t power on at all. Hoping there’s a solution to my issue that I maybe haven’t tried....