Xbox series s games keep crashing to dashboard

Discus and support Xbox series s games keep crashing to dashboard in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Xbox series s digital edition, I can't play any games without them freezing or getting kicked to dashboard within 5 minutes on a game. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ms.peaches, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Ms.peaches
    Ms.peaches Guest

I have an Xbox series s digital edition, I can't play any games without them freezing or getting kicked to dashboard within 5 minutes on a game. I've contacted Xbox support, they were no help. They had me change a few settings, soft factory reset and hard factory reset and nothing is working. I've unplugged my Xbox and restarted my wi-fi and nothing is working

:)

Ms.peaches, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Ms.peaches,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with your Xbox series s games crashing to dashboard. This can be very frustrating and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

There are a few possible causes for this problem, such as corrupted game data, insufficient storage space, network connectivity issues, or hardware malfunction.

To troubleshoot this issue, please follow these steps:

- Check if you have enough free storage space on your console. You can do this by going to Settings > System > Storage.

If you are running low on space, you may need to delete some games or apps that you don't use or move them to an external hard drive.

- Check if your games are up to date. You can do this by going to My games & apps > Manage > Updates.

If there are any pending updates, download and install them.

- Check if your console is up to date. You can do this by going to Settings > System > Updates & downloads.

If there are any pending updates, download and install them.

- Reinstall the games that are crashing. You can do this by going to My games & apps > Manage > Uninstall.

Then go to the Microsoft Store and download the games again.

- Test your network connection. You can do this by going to Settings > Network settings > Test network connection.

If there are any issues, try restarting your router or modem or using a wired connection instead of wireless. You may also try using a different connection to see if it works.

- Restore console to factory. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

1. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    2. Select Reset console.
    3. On the Reset your console? screen, Select Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It resets the OS and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

I hope this helps resolve the issue. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Ms.peaches,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. QixAce Win User

Xbox series x psu noise (coil whine)

I have the same in xbox series S, only in dashboard / standby / turning on / restart, but not when gaming.
  5. RoberR7 Win User

My Xbox Series S does not download profile for Xbox360 games.

thanks for your time and effort in helping me. Unfortunately I have followed all the steps without success. I have fully restored the console and it keeps crashing. It is very frustrating because on the Xbox one S it does work but on the Xbox Series S it doesn't..

Any idea?
  6. williama28 Win User

game crashes back to home screen

well there is no errors for one and two the game locks up with a repeating sound for a brief moment and three it then crashes to the home screen of the xbox and four the crashes happen sporadically and intermittently i am unable to do troubleshooting steps due to the crashes are unpredictable i won't know when they happen they just pop up and can cause progress to be interrupted i am using series S model this only happens on xbox one games played on series S
Thema:

1. Xbox series s games keep crashing to dashboard - Similar Threads - series games keep

2. Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"...: I have already followed the steps listed in old forums for this same issue. Can someone give me a better answer than "try turning it off and on again" or "try deleting your Xbox to factory...
  3. I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...: I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying theirs either a "sign-in issue" or "Can't connect to internet" it wasn't doing this a few month ago. any...
  4. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  5. If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data

in XboX Insiders
    If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data: So I might be getting a series a as I have the original Xbox one and it’s very slow. I am going to use the same Microsoft account and everything so will all my game progress save. My main worry is...
  6. Pc keeps downloading xbox series x games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pc keeps downloading xbox series x games: I have tried to stop my pc from redownloading series x games followed all advise I can read but just keeps downloading the games Tried ticking the boxes in the xbox app to stop updates etc...
  7. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  8. Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?: I recently bought a Xbox series 2 controller 2 weeks ago or so and have had no problems since this last week it keeps “disconnecting” but the light don’t turn off and I can use my Xbox menu and go...
  9. Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...: I was playing House Flipper just fine, hopped on MW3 to play Shipmas and about 1/4 way through the game crashed and went to a fuzzy looking screen and froze my Series X. Is there any fix to this?...
  10. (Xbox one series) installing game keeps knocking out my entire wifi.

in XboX Insiders
    (Xbox one series) installing game keeps knocking out my entire wifi.: I’m trying to install Starfield on my new Xbox series S and it’ll start installing about 2%, then kick off the wifi on every device in the house. Whenever I pause the download, the wifi worked...