Xbox series s fan question

Discus and support Xbox series s fan question in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Xbox series s. I can hear a small clicking noise coming from the fan, but I only hear it when I get close. Here a YouTube clip of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Stuart96, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Stuart96
    Stuart96 Guest

Hi, I have an Xbox series s. I can hear a small clicking noise coming from the fan, but I only hear it when I get close.

Here a YouTube clip of the sound.

https://youtu.be/R6j6vK4TQug?si=61kbVIL8iqc6Wx5C

:)

Stuart96, Jan 13, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Stuart96, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

According to the clip you recorded, it seems like the sound is very low. I even had to turn the volume up to the maximum using headphones to perceive it properly. If you can only hear it by getting very close to the console fan, then it's something normal, and you shouldn't worry. If the sound increases over time or if it becomes noticeable at a normal distance from the console, then it would be advisable to apply the warranty.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series S Fan isn't humming like normal.

So usually when I play on my series s the fan makes a loudish noise....
    The Series S, just like the Series X is designed to be quite, in normal gaming (even when play X|S optimised games) the Series S fan should not be audible. It should be pretty much silent.

Have you changed the location of where your console is located? These consoles get warm (hot even), this is normal. So their location is actually more important than hearing the fan spinning.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox series s oyunu başlatmaması / xbox series s not open game

Hi, your fan is working as expected

Xbox Series S is not a loud device, my console fan sounds the same when I put my ear very close to the device
  5. LucaAvvinti Win User

Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X games

So, I recently noticed that my Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X|S / Optimised for Series X|S games specifically.

It’s quite strange as it’s dead quiet every other time, but as soon as I start a Series X|S game, the fan becomes so loud that I need to turn up the tv volume.. it’s quite distracting.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions?

FYI - My Series X is a pre-order/launch day model.. and it sits in an open and well ventilated tv/entertainment stand*

In comparison, I owned an Xbox One S for three years and I never heard the fan on that.
    I’m having the exact same problem now. The only time my Xbox sounds loud is when running series x enhanced games, it’s completely fine on old gen games. Have you had this issue fixed or is it still a problem now?
  6. Jarrod Dale Win User

Xbox series S shuts off within minutes - says it’s over heating?

Thanks for the help.

I checked the resolution. It was set to UHD. If the series S can’t push that resolution why is it an option.

re: the fan, the grill is hot but there is no fan noise or noticeable airflow. For reference when my laptop fan turns on I can hear it and feel it. For this Xbox, there is nothing. I can put my ear right up to it. No fan noise at all. I do t have a reference as I have never used a different Xbox s but I am also thinking the fan is not functional. For those that have an Xbox s - can you hear the fan when it’s functioning normally?
Thema:

1. Xbox series s fan question - Similar Threads - series fan question

2. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  3. ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s

in XboX Insiders
    ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s: ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s submitted by /u/secuirte [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox series x fan noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan noise: i bought Xbox series x one year ago now when i turn it on it's ok but when i enter to some games the fan noise is sooo high please help but the temperature is good just the fan noise is...
  5. Are external fans good for my Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are external fans good for my Xbox Series X?: So I got an external fan for my console but after doing research (unfortunately after I found it) most people said this can damage my console. I figured I would ask people with a bit more...
  6. How does internal fan xbox series s work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does internal fan xbox series s work?: Does internal fan xbox series s always on when you saving energy mode? Or maybe just sleep mode? I want internal fan on my xbox always on, so it can make my xbox cool faster after heat and...
  7. Xbox series x loud fan when turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x loud fan when turning on: I bought my Xbox series x a month or two ago and have only had this happen twice. When turning on my Xbox after it being off for a while I hear the fan ramp up and then slow back down to the...
  8. Xbox series s Loud fan noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s Loud fan noise: lately my xbox have been really really loud whenever i play rainbow it gets insanely loud and it gets hot especially the black part of the xbox whenever i play easy or light weight games its not...
  9. Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode: My Xbox series x when I put it in sleep mode or shutdown mode the fan spins for a while and then stops is this normal 081e39ab-0e46-43e1-b854-f1b5840cf204
  10. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...