XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

Discus and support XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Manuel Hanna, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Manuel Hanna
    Manuel Hanna Guest

Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It says that the external disk isn't USB 3.0. However, it doesn't make any sense because the hard drive I'm trying to configure is the WB Black D30 (https://www.westerndigital.com/prod...-for-xbox-usb-3-2-ssd?sku=WDBAMF0010BBW-WESN) , a hard drive clearly sold for video game consoles.

I've already tried formatting the external disk in various ways, resetting my console, and clearing all the data, but it keeps failing

Anyone here have any idea how I can solve this issue? Thanks!

:)

Manuel Hanna, Feb 12, 2024
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can you transport Xbox 360 / One games on a Harddrive of some sort on a Series X?

If you have an Xbox One with an external USB 3.0 hard drive connected to it with games installed on it. Then just disconnect the drive from the Xbox One, and connect it to the Series X, the drive should be recognized, and you should be able to play the games without having to install them.
  3. JCSWW Win User

Media Player not recognising External HDD

External hard drives connected to the XBOX One and One S must be at least USB 3.0.
  4. Manuel Hanna Win User

if you're trying to play Xbox series games, they must be played from the internal SSD or the official expansion cards by seagate and WD. USB is not fast enough to play those games no matter what is inside the case
    I'm not attempting to play any games from there. I'm simply trying to set up the external hard drive as external storage. That's when I received the error from my Xbox
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

if you're trying to play Xbox series games, they must be played from the internal SSD or the official expansion cards by seagate and WD. USB is not fast enough to play those games no matter what is inside the case
  6. eG x Thee Elf Win User

How do I format an external Seagate hard drive that was used for Xbox One back to Windows?

Sourbucket,

A lot of folks have had issues with the USB cable. Try using a different USB 3.0 cable and see if the Xbox One will recognize the drive. Obviously, the external hard drive has to be at least 256 GB and using USB 3.0 as well. Let us know your results. Thanks,
Thema:

1. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0 - Similar Threads - Series doesn't recognize

2. Series X doesn't play "xbox one" discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X doesn't play "xbox one" discs: Just as said before my series X reads games like MK 1, but sekiro or cod ww2 or any xbox one games, even if it's a cross tittle, just recent games. Bought at 2021, no warranty anymore...
  3. Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?: I have an Xbox Series X, and Dolby Vision is supposedly supported when using the Max app. I have found, though, that movies or TV shows on Max that are supposed to support Dolby Vision simply do...
  4. My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...: Hi, I'm having an issue with Elite series 2 controller, upon trying to install the latest firmware version via Xbox Accessories App to see if it solves some issues I'm having with it (It...
  5. Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S: I spilt a cup of hot cocoa into the fan of my Xbox series S console. I took it apart and cleaned everything off, including the fan and heat sink. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol so that the...
  6. My xbox series x doesn't connect to xbox network but is connected to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x doesn't connect to xbox network but is connected to the internet: So I've tried every single fix out there to try and fix the issue but my console won't connect to the xbox network. I can't sign in as it says I do not have an Internet connect but when I click...
  7. Recording With USB On Xbox Series S Doesn't Work Properly, Corruption, No Recent Captures...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recording With USB On Xbox Series S Doesn't Work Properly, Corruption, No Recent Captures...: This is preventing me from capturing necessary footage & I beg you guys to work on this as soon as possible. When Recording with a USB or sometimes even normal recording, if you press stop button...
  8. Xbox Series S saying it's connected to network only in network settings. It doesn't act or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S saying it's connected to network only in network settings. It doesn't act or...: My Xbox is connected to a network but saying it's not connected nor is it acting like it aside from showing directly from network settings menu. It's the only device not working properly. I've...
  9. My xbox series x doesn't recognize xbox360 discs anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series x doesn't recognize xbox360 discs anymore: It started 3 months ago I've tried shutting down my xbox formatting it using a different 360 disc nothing worked it doesn't even say its scratched/dirty it straight up doesn't even recognize the...
  10. My series x doesn't recognize my 4k tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x doesn't recognize my 4k tv: So I bought a brand new 75 inch 4k philips tv model 75PUL7552/F7. I have a Playstation 5 which displays in 4k ,hdr, all of it. But my series x wont switch from 1080p. Says the tv doesn't support...