Xbox Series S doesn't connect to Wifi anymore after being unplugged for a few days.

Discus and support Xbox Series S doesn't connect to Wifi anymore after being unplugged for a few days. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So, I've had trouble connecting with my Series S at times anyway, but was always able to work around it. However right now I'm quite lost. The internet... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Mhelders, Sep 28, 2023.

1. /u/Mhelders
    /u/Mhelders Guest

Xbox Series S doesn't connect to Wifi anymore after being unplugged for a few days.

So, I've had trouble connecting with my Series S at times anyway, but was always able to work around it. However right now I'm quite lost. The internet in my apartment, which I share/get from my neighbors, wasn't great but definitely enough for a solid connection.

Been away a few days and turned off my multiple plugs in the house. Came back today, booted up the Xbox and it said that it couldn't connect to my Internet. Not the first time this happened, so I restarted the Xbox - nothing again. Now an hour later I've tried the following steps:

- Unplugged the Router for 30 secs and put it back in.

- Disconnected other devices connected to the network (which is working on them).

- Tried multiple alternative ports.

- Cleared my MAC address.

- Tried the following DNS Settings: 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 as well as 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1

- Unplugged the Xbox again and waited for a bit before turning it back on.

I don't really have access to the router and I really don't want to bother my neighbor any more. In addition it was working fine the last week. I think last time I had a similiar issue was also when my Xbox was completely disconnected from electricity for a while. I couldn't find anything about that specific issue. Could anyone offer some help?

submitted by /u/Mhelders
    [link] [comments]

/u/Mhelders, Sep 28, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: