Xbox series s controller not turning on after taking of charger

Discus and support Xbox series s controller not turning on after taking of charger in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i just bought a xbox series s and ive been charging the controller all day and yet when i disconnect it it just turns of and not even the xbox light... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sebastian Polanco1, Aug 17, 2023.

1. Xbox series s controller not turning on after taking of charger

i just bought a xbox series s and ive been charging the controller all day and yet when i disconnect it it just turns of and not even the xbox light turns on and the batteries that came with it dont work

:)

Sebastian Polanco1, Aug 17, 2023
  2. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Hello Sebastian P,

I'm Nilay and I'll be glad to answer your query today.

I'd suggest power cycling both your console and your controllers, like this:

- Press and hold your controller's Xbox button until it shuts down.
    - Remove your controller's batteries and the Micro-USB cable (if plugged in) for a minute or two.
    - Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.
    - Remove all external devices from the console's USB ports.
    - Unplug your console's power cord for 5 minutes. If you have the original Xbox
    One, you'll need to unplug the power supply unit from both the console and the
    outlet.
    - Plug the power cord back in, and make sure to use one of the wall's outlets.
    - Turn your console on and check if the issues persist.

If necessary, try pairing your controller again.

Good Luck
    Regards
  3. DavidInostroza  Win User

Xbox controller

No,It’s a normal Xbox series x controller,I charge the Xbox recharge battery with the Xbox charger
  4. Jeez71s Win User

Controller update December 2021

Hi, my xbox play and charger kit after that update doesnt charge. I test it in 4 different controllers for xbox series and for xbox one but still wont charge. I dont know that is the battery or new update.

Can anybody help me?
  5. Scott Jarvis1 Win User

I have an issue when trying to install this called rocket league basically I wanted to install it however I wouldn't install

I have the xbox series s I think and I do not have any externalstorahe units plugged in I only have a charger for my controller and a keyboard and mouse.I am not installing this from a disk. I have also tried restarting my xbox, checked for console updates and that's about it.
  6. Randver Win User

Xbox one controller has continued to disconnect since using Xbox One Headset Adapter

Are you using regular batteries, rechargeable batteries or a charger (like a Nyko, Energizer, etc)?

The battery meter isn't accurate with many after market batteries and chargers. I have the Nyko and it is not even close to showing my true battery power so you may have a dead/low controller although it still shows a charge on the meter.

Or it may be the update. My controllers no longer turn on my Xbox. I have to start it at the box and then turn on the controller so there appears to be some issues with the recent update.
Thema:

1. Xbox series s controller not turning on after taking of charger - Similar Threads - series controller turning

2. My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...: My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it died and not letting me turn it back on no matter how many cables I try wont even let me charge it again I...
  3. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  4. When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...: So when I turn on my Xbox series x the Xbox makes the startup sound but doesn’t actually boot up and when I attempt to connect my controller the light just flashes so I’ve tried manually syncing...
  5. Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in: My brand new Series X has this strange behavior but I'm not sure if I should return it or even if this a problem I shall be worried about. On the other hand, I would rather return it now instead...
  6. XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in: Hi, I recently got an Elite Series 2 controller and am super happy about it, but something is totally wrong unfortunately. 1. The controller will only switch on when I plug the USB C cable in,...
  7. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  8. Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise: So like the title says I’ve got a custom controller for my Xbox Series One X and while the controller will turn on and off no other buttons respond besides the pairing button, I tried repairing it...
  9. My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...: My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times and i managed to fix it by pure luck. I need help understanding why this happens and how to fix it...
  10. My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...: When I try to plug in my controller it won’t turn on and it has a ringing noise and I used fresh batteries and it still won’t work and if I plug in the same usb to another controller it works...