Xbox Series S | Console stutters and freezes after turning it on

Discus and support Xbox Series S | Console stutters and freezes after turning it on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently just got a Xbox Series S and love it so far, but every-time I turn the console on and boot up a game within the first 5-10 minutes everything... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tim Dogg, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Tim Dogg
    Tim Dogg Guest

Recently just got a Xbox Series S and love it so far, but every-time I turn the console on and boot up a game within the first 5-10 minutes everything starts to stutter, my controller becomes delayed, and it ends up freezing if I don’t restart the console fast enough. If there’s something I can do to fix this issue I would appreciate the help, but as of right now I'm stuck having to restart my console once it starts to stutter

:)

Tim Dogg, Apr 26, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Tim. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Kindly check if there is a system update that needs to be installed.

Make sure your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select System > Settings.

Select System > Updates & downloads.

Under "Updates", you'll see: Console update available. Select this button to begin your update.

Solution 3: Do a factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Matthew Caruolo Win User

I am experincing the exact same issue and have found no resolution yet. Would love to be able to play without having to restart my xbox everytime i start playing.
  4. Tim Dogg Win User

Actually I take that back it started to happened again… :( took longer this time though
  5. shaggytoph Win User

Xbox Design Lab Controller + Battery Pack

Just wondering since you got the same console as me (series s). Have you tried recording game clips? because when I do they are very laggy and like with micro stutters / fps drops
  6. David Wirsching Win User

Loading into apex and then I get an error from Xbox

It seems that other players have also experienced this issue on their Xbox Series S consoles. According to a discussion thread on EA's website, some users have reported that the issue was resolved after clearing their console's cache. Here are some steps you can take to try to fix the problem:

1. Turn off your Xbox Series S using the power button on the console.
    2. Once the console has completely turned off, unplug the power cable from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cable from the electrical outlet on the wall, it should be disconnected from your Xbox Series S. HDMI cables and other connections can remain connected.
    3. Wait a minute and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox and the electrical outlet.
    Wait another minute.
    4. Turn on your Xbox Series S and try launching Apex Legends again.

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling Apex Legends.

I hope this helps solve the problem.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S | Console stutters and freezes after turning it on - Similar Threads - Series Console stutters

2. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. Will the Xbox series X be able to handle GTA 6, or will it be worth getting the new console...

in XboX Insiders
    Will the Xbox series X be able to handle GTA 6, or will it be worth getting the new console...: Do y’all think that the console that is supposed to come out in 2026 will be worth buying for Gta 6 for the best possible experience, or do you think will the series X probably handle it good...
  5. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  6. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  7. Reset Series X Console, Error code 0x87DD0016

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset Series X Console, Error code 0x87DD0016: Xbox was connected to Internet (checked as its all good)but no Apps or games would work. Tried all the usual power off/on for console and router, still nothing. All other devices were working fine...
  8. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  9. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  10. Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?: Hey I have recently gotten a new series x console and have really been enjoying my time with it, but I notice when I turn on the console my fan will stutter for a second before going to a stable...