Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds

Discus and support Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series S and I am playing Borderlands 3. I have been playing this game for years without this issue. I do not recall doing any updates... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jessica LoBello, Feb 4, 2024.

1. Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds

I have an Xbox Series S and I am playing Borderlands 3. I have been playing this game for years without this issue. I do not recall doing any updates recently, but I know everything is up to do date.

When I pause my game and come back to it later, my screen turns off after some time as it is programmed to do. But when I turn the TV screen back on, the screen is black with some thin lines of light, like it is really trying to show me the picture. I can hear the game functioning as normal.

I have checked all cables, and settings, and updates. Everything is in good working order.

My workaround to solve the problem in the moment (and it works every time, in case someone out there has the same issue) is to press the start button however many times as needed to make sure my game is in the pause menu —I know it is paused when I hear the music get louder (unpaused) and then make the menu sound and music gets quieter (paused). Then I tap the down button three times, which is highlighting the Achievements option (unseen), and tap A, then the Achievements screen loads and suddenly I can see the screen again. I tap B to get out of the menu, and then go back to playing my game as usual with no issues.

Is there a reason for this? Any permanent solution to this issue?

:)

Jessica LoBello, Feb 4, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds

Hi Jessica, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, reset your console.

You can follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Let me know if it works!
  3. j1mmers Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

I'm having the same issue on Windows 11 Xbox App, tried everything that people said here, but still black screen after the spaceship. Streaming works fine on my iPhone. Something curious is that even if its a black screen I can still hear the xbox sounds and games, but only the black screen is the issue...
    Yep. Seems to be a widespread problem. The only solution is to turn your TV on before streaming. If the TV is on it works flawless.

I really hope they come out with a fix because I don't want to have my TV on when I stream remotely. Defeats the purpose.
  4. AaronParker5 Win User

Xbox Series X - Black screen while sound is still playing

I'm having the same issue when watching Netflix screen goes black instant game response pop's up on the tv corner. I hear all the sounds no video. Usually I just hit the menu button on the xbox controller wait 30 seconds and the tv recognized the game input and switches back. But it's still super aggravating this doesn't happen on my other xboxes I own 4 and I tried them all it's specific to the x series on my cxaua lg tv.
  5. VicenteGirona Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

I'm having the same issue on Windows 11 Xbox App, tried everything that people said here, but still black screen after the spaceship. Streaming works fine on my iPhone. Something curious is that even if its a black screen I can still hear the xbox sounds and games, but only the black screen is the issue...
  6. joe mooradian Win User

MX vs. ATV Legends Black Screen

Having the same exact problem on Xbox series s can play everything but the Rawlings compound just black screen after the cut screen hoping this gets fixed asap
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds - Similar Threads - Series Borderlands black

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  7. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  8. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  9. Can i play Borderlands 2 online on Xbox series x with other people if I don’t have Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i play Borderlands 2 online on Xbox series x with other people if I don’t have Game Pass?: I want to play Borderlands 2 with people online but I do not have game pass so I was wondering if it still works for people to join my party 00332007-1024-46fc-81c6-e303fc0151b2
  10. Can't play Borderlands 2 online on Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Borderlands 2 online on Xbox Series S: Hi, please help :( When I got my Xbox Series S I had the free pass for one month, I could play, everything was ok. It got cancelled due to lack of payment, and I got it back (one month after...