xbox series S black screen

Discus and support xbox series S black screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my wife has a xbox series S, I bought it for her Christmas 2 years ago (2022 Christmas). here in the last 3 month, it flickers to a black screen (no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DHG headshotish, May 17, 2024.

1. xbox series S black screen

my wife has a xbox series S, I bought it for her Christmas 2 years ago (2022 Christmas).

here in the last 3 month, it flickers to a black screen (no audio) for a second before flicking back to whatever she/we are watching/playing.

the way I've found to fix the problem is to turn it off, unplug the power supply, wait a full 60 seconds, plug back in, power on. and that usally fixes the issue for about a week to three days.

I've calibrated the xbox to the 4kTV (fixed the issue for a month), replaced HDMI cord (this has fixed it for the last two weeks until today), and I can't find a similar issue online, and it's bugging the bludger out of me that every time I think I've fixed it, it comes back with a vengeance, I'm getting annoyed/tired of constantly hearing "what is wrong with it! honey come fix it again please"

any help is useful to me.

:)

DHG headshotish, May 17, 2024
  2. joe mooradian Win User

MX vs. ATV Legends Black Screen

Having the same exact problem on Xbox series s can play everything but the Rawlings compound just black screen after the cut screen hoping this gets fixed asap
  3. john123E45 Win User

Xbox Series X - Black screen while sound is still playing

got the same issue with my xbox series s, i was watching netflix and then the screen turned black, tried to turn off the console but nothin worked
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox Series S black screen

Hello, Justin. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Would you please try physically resetting your display options?

- On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console. Unplug all cables from it, wait for 5 minutes and plug again.

- Then, press and hold the Xbox button and the Pair button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. Don’t let go until you hear the second beep or see the console start up in low resolution mode (the Xbox startup screen will appear slightly pixelated).

- In either case, this will start up your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To change this setting, press the Xbox button to open the guide. Go to Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options, and then select the resolution you want from the Display dropdown.

See if the issue persists and please let me know.
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi DHG, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Couldn't this flickering be caused by your TV adjusting to the game or application you are using by switching modes (HDR, Game Mode, Dolby, etc)?

I have a TV that every time I open a game that uses HDR the entire screen goes black for a second and then it returns to normal.

I get an indication on the screen (by the TV UI) saying "HDR Mode".

A good way to test this is paying attention to the TV Mode and also trying on a different display.

Hopefully this helps you.
  6. JacobKimbel Win User

Xbox troubleshooting

Xbox one series s, it is not part of the insider program, the screen reads: preparing console, it loads up to 61% and freezes on 61%. No other devices. And my xbox was taking basically 12 years to boot up this morning and so I did a power reset and that didn't work and a couple times the green xbox one screen would pop up and 5 minutes later disappear to a black screen.
Thema:

1. xbox series S black screen - Similar Threads - series black screen

2. Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Random Black Screen with Samsung S95C: Hello, This problem was first noticed while playing Mortal Kombat 1 on Xbox Series X with a Samsung S95C OLED. Randomly, the screen will go black, but then come back on within a few seconds in...
  3. I get the black screen issue when i go in the menu and so on xbox series s had it eith...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get the black screen issue when i go in the menu and so on xbox series s had it eith...: I get the black screen issue when i go in the menu and so on xbox series s had it eith another monitor and xbox series x aswell, for the people who have this: i had this problem with both monitors...
  4. Why when ever i try to use my xbox series s it’s a black screen so i try to reset the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when ever i try to use my xbox series s it’s a black screen so i try to reset the...: Reseting resolution doesnt do anything on my xbox series s de8ff0eb-fe74-4afb-a346-2d6479e00dc2
  5. Xbox series S screen goes black on tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S screen goes black on tv: When i boot up elden ring, my tv screen goes black. I don’t know what is causing this problem and I just got elden ring and I really want to play soon. c811b97c-ca0f-47c6-8797-48eabe41f1f2
  6. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  7. Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug

in XboX Insiders
    Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug: anytime i try an play on my xbox using remote play, with my logitech g cloud or my iphone, or laptop, the app will go an remote play to my xbox i get the xbox logo, an it works, but heres where...
  8. Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds: I have an Xbox Series S and I am playing Borderlands 3. I have been playing this game for years without this issue. I do not recall doing any updates recently, but I know everything is up to do...
  9. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  10. Xbox Series X Black Screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Black Screen: I’m having a hard time figuring out how to solve this problem I just started having. Everytime I log into my main account and go into the home it freezes for a second then acts like I opened an...