Xbox Series not recognizing Astro A30 headset

Discus and support Xbox Series not recognizing Astro A30 headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The A30 is a brand new headset and it is unable to connect. The transmitter is green. I have connected the headset to the transmitter and ensured the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thvii, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Thvii
    Thvii Guest

The A30 is a brand new headset and it is unable to connect. The transmitter is green. I have connected the headset to the transmitter and ensured the headset is on Xbox mode in the mobile app. The console, headset, and controller is up to date. I have reset both the headset and the Xbox but still nothing.

I confirmed the headset works because I can use it to listen to music on my phone. The wired connection to the Xbox controller works and I can hear audio but it doesn't pick up anything from the mic. I would prefer a wireless connection anyhow.

My A20 wireless transmitter works and connects immediately. Upon plug-in it says headset assigned.

I have tried the A20 and A30 wireless transmitter on both my Xbox One X and Xbox series X. The A30 isn't being recognized on either.

:)

Thvii, Jan 22, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Please, try the solution the Reddit User ASTRO_Vertigo posted here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AstroGaming/comments/13ky7lk/astro_a30_wont_connect/

Hey phrack3r ,

Switch on the A30 Wireless Headset.

Switch on the A30 LIGHTS **** Transmitter, ensuring it's in Xbox mode indicated by the green light.

Press and hold down the transmitter button until the LED changes to purple.

Press and hold down the Power and Bluetooth button on the headset until the LED flashes purple.
  3. Thvii Win User

Hi , my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today. I am sorry to hear that. Have you tried to power cycle the console to clear its cace data? To do it, follow these steps: Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 60 seconds. Important Be sure to wait at least 60 seconds. This step resets the power supply. Plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on. For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console Then, try pairing the headset again. Let me know if it works!
    Hi Rodrigo, this did not work. I heard the audio cues notifying me that the headset connected to both my phone and the console, but there was no "headset assigned notification".
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Thvii, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to power cycle the console to clear its cace data?

To do it, follow these steps:

Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 60 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 60 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

Plug the console power cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console

Then, try pairing the headset again.

Let me know if it works!
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Headset Suggestions? $150-$200 Budget.

Astro has several holiday bundles at this time. There's also the standard-priced Astro A30 wireless setup (though the headset is not truly wireless, it comes with a wireless module).
  6. IceStorm III Win User

What is your preferred headset to use when gaming?

Thema:

1. Xbox Series not recognizing Astro A30 headset - Similar Threads - Series recognizing Astro

2. My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...: I own a series x I have formatted USB with games on it. I go over to a friend's house that owns a series s I signed in my account with the USB plugged in, the Xbox s will recognize the storage...
  3. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  4. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  5. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During gameplay I found that some button combinations would...
  6. Series x isn't recognizing right joystick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing right joystick: will not work on home screen but will work in games for multiple controllers tried all power cycles update if i switch the controller mappping it reconizes the right but not the left...
  7. Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers: I was playing MW3 and my right joystick stopped working. I checked for update, un-synced and re-synced and power cycled both my controller and Xbox to no avail. I also reset my Series X. I tried...
  8. Series x isn't recognizing RS for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing RS for multiple controllers: Did multiple power-cycles, just completed a reset as well as power-cycling the controllers as well. Nothing has worked, and they stopped working mid-online match....
  9. Rocksmith not recognizing cable on series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rocksmith not recognizing cable on series X?: I bought a brand new realtone cable because the first one wouldn't recognize either. Tried different usb ports, different xboxes, different guitars and different cords. It's a real bummer to waste...
  10. Has anybody else had issues with their series x not recognizing disc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anybody else had issues with their series x not recognizing disc?: About 3 or 4 months ago I purchased a regular DVD movie from Redbox, put it in my console to watch it and nothing. I have the DVD app on it and everything. It don't show that theirs a disc in it...