Xbox Series Controllers Losing Connection/Freezing With Wired Headset Plugged into AUX port...

Discus and support Xbox Series Controllers Losing Connection/Freezing With Wired Headset Plugged into AUX port... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi just want to report a bug I've found with controllers constantly losing connection or freezing whenever playing on the console with a headset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mbui89, Feb 12, 2022.

1. mbui89
    mbui89 Guest

Xbox Series Controllers Losing Connection/Freezing With Wired Headset Plugged into AUX port...

Hi just want to report a bug I've found with controllers constantly losing connection or freezing whenever playing on the console with a headset plugged into the AUX port. I was told this is likely a hardware issue but actually (in my case at least) it has to do with the controller and Bluetooth connection to a PC. When synced to the console, the controller will freeze/become unresponsive if a headset is plugged in AND a paired Bluetooth profile is active. I have removed the pairing on my PC and it has since fixed the issue on all of my controllers. I hope this helps anyone experiencing the same issue.

:)

mbui89, Feb 12, 2022
  2. XBF Meryem R Win User

External mic on Xbox one x

Hello there!

Regarding your explanation, In order to set this up, you will need a specific setup. The Mic you use needs to have an AUX port somewhere on it. The headset you use needs to have a removable mic that connects via AUX port as well.

Therefore, you will have the mic plugged in via USB for power, the Headset plugged into the controller, and your Mic connected to your headset via AUX cord.
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox one external mic?

Hello Gijojo,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. In order to set this up the way you like, you need a specific setup. The Mic you use needs to have an AUX port somewhere on it. The headset you use needs to have a removable mic that connects via AUX port as
    well.

So you would have:

1. The mic plugged in via USB for power
    2. The Headset plugged into the controller
    3. Your Mic connected to your headset via AUX cord.

This set up will work for party chat as well as streaming.
  4. {Parity} Win User

3 controllers- 3 broken AUX ports

Aux ports? Are you referring to the port on the controller for plugging the headset into? If so many have suggested the headset adapter that attaches to the controller. I use it on my controllers and have never had an issue.
  5. TannerCarter Win User

Xbox Series X and Xbox App on PC Audio Issue

Hello,

I have another headset that's the Razor Kraken wired and a PDP wireless headset, both from Walmart. They were having that static crackle issue in party chat and then I thought I would get a higher end headset with Astro. I'm now on my third Astro headset and have plugged it directly into the aux port and also through the mix amp that plugs to the bottom of the controller. Both with the same results. I'm starting to think it's possibly the Series X.

Thank you,

Tanner
  6. GeekDragon-901011C6- Win User

Having problems with my wireless headset.

Troubleshooting doesn't help. Headset connects to port one and as soon as I plug in my wired controller, the controller connects to port 2 and they won't sync together.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series Controllers Losing Connection/Freezing With Wired Headset Plugged into AUX port... - Similar Threads - Series Controllers Losing

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  4. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  5. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  6. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  7. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  8. Xbox Series X loses connection to controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X loses connection to controllers: Every few days now when I go to use my Xbox Series X, all of my controllers are "disconnected" from the Xbox. I will hit the power button on the controller like normal, and the Xbox will not turn...
  9. Xbox Series X controller consistently loses connection to the Xbox and then reconnects a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller consistently loses connection to the Xbox and then reconnects a...: I purchased a Series X in July,at first there were no issues with connectivity, however, in the past month I have had issues with the controller dropping connection. I have tried different...
  10. Has there been any solution for the Xbox elite series 2 controllers losing connectivity to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has there been any solution for the Xbox elite series 2 controllers losing connectivity to...: Beyond frustrated I have had this happen with 3 different Xbox series s and 4 Xbox elite 2 controllers!!! Once it starts it doesn't stop! I've had it happen to me while sitting at the home screen...