Xbox series a goes all fuzzy when switching to 120 fps

Discus and support Xbox series a goes all fuzzy when switching to 120 fps in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox screen goes fuzzy when switching to 120 fps. I have a 144hz monitor. It used to work fine but then all of sudden stopped working. Any help?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Edz King, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Edz King
    Edz King Guest

Xbox screen goes fuzzy when switching to 120 fps. I have a 144hz monitor. It used to work fine but then all of sudden stopped working. Any help?

:)

Edz King, Sep 8, 2023
  2. Edz King Win User

[​IMG]
    This bar on top is what comes up when I switch to 120hz. Monitors good my hdmi cable is good just brought a brand new one. I’m guessing it happens ever since I plugged my laptop to it.
  3. ReynaldoB Win User

Hello Edz King!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator
  4. ReynaldoB Win User

Hi Edz King

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community forum. I hope you're doing well.

Based on your description, it seems to be that you have a problem with your Xbox series that goes fuzzy when switching to 120fps. There are different possible causes why the screen goes fuzzy, depending on the device and the situation. It could a mismatch between the default resolution and the cable service resolution. Or could be outdated or corrupted display drivers. Let's work together to find the best solution to this problem.

I would like to ask some questions to better understand the problem.

• Can you provide us a screenshot of the problem?
    • When did the problem started?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've already tried in fixing the problem?

To further isolate the problem, i suggest that you try these steps below.

1. Make sure your TV or monitor is 120 Hz-capable and your console’s display settings are set to 120 Hz

2. Make sure your HDMI cable is compatible with 120 Hz and is securely connected to your console and TV or monitor.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely

5. ReynaldoB Win User

Hi Edz King,

Thanks for getting back.

I suggest that you try on different monitor if the problem persists. In this way we can properly isolate if the problem is with the monitor or not.

Sincerely

6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox serie x 120 FPS TV Samsung 55TU8005

hi i would like to have 120 fps on my tv with my serie x , i take yu a screenshot of settings tv, i dont understand why in settings xbox they dont proposed 120 fps at 4k but i can play 120 fps at 1080p ?
    You won't get 120 fps on that TV, as it's only a 60hz display, 60hz = 60 fps at most

To get up to 120 fps at 4K, you need a TV that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1 ports and again your TV only has HDMI 2.0 ports, but most games on the Series X are locked to 60 fps at 4K,

Something like the LG CX is the best TV to get at the moment, and that's a TV that can go 4K at 120hz,

A 60hz display = up to a maximum of 60 fps

A 120hz display = up to a maximum of 120 fps.
Thema:

1. Xbox series a goes all fuzzy when switching to 120 fps - Similar Threads - series goes fuzzy

2. Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes: Hi I’m having a problem with my Xbox series x. Every 5-10 minutes my internet disconnects and then reconnects instantly but it’s just enough time for me to get kicked out of whatever online game...
  3. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  4. 22TB External Drive Xbox Series X ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    22TB External Drive Xbox Series X ?: Hey, i hope you are doing well I have few external drive, and i want to ask if it's possible to use them as external drive with xbox series X or they will not work ? or there is a limite ? what...
  5. Xbox series x all bandwidt goes to download.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x all bandwidt goes to download.: Hi, I have an xbox series x and when i download or update a game, all other activites that works with internet goes very very slow. Like marketplace opening, and showing a picture of a game. Also...
  6. My Xbox series S goes on "dark" mode after like 1 sec once turned on. Although no settings...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S goes on "dark" mode after like 1 sec once turned on. Although no settings...: So today once I turned on console Xbox series S it went like on power saving mode straight away. Tv is working fine. Issue is the console, as soon I switch it on after restart its bright normal...
  7. Xbox series S screen goes black on tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S screen goes black on tv: When i boot up elden ring, my tv screen goes black. I don’t know what is causing this problem and I just got elden ring and I really want to play soon. c811b97c-ca0f-47c6-8797-48eabe41f1f2
  8. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  9. Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button: For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I open or quit an app it will go black ive...
  10. Purchased THPS upgrade dlc, why doesn’t Series S|X version show in my Library? Same goes...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased THPS upgrade dlc, why doesn’t Series S|X version show in my Library? Same goes...: As question states, I purchased the Series S|X upgrade dlc for THPS and The Outer Worlds, but the Series S|X versions do not show in my Library. I’m required to endlessly search the MS Store to...