Xbox Series 2 Controller Repair - How do I get Microsoft to ACTUALLY sort my problem?

Discus and support Xbox Series 2 Controller Repair - How do I get Microsoft to ACTUALLY sort my problem? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Here's a run-down of the issues I have had, and the process by which I have tried to get this sorted. The controller that shipped with my Series X... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by A Frisky Pigeon, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Xbox Series 2 Controller Repair - How do I get Microsoft to ACTUALLY sort my problem?

Here's a run-down of the issues I have had, and the process by which I have tried to get this sorted.

1. The controller that shipped with my Series X developed a fault with the LB button where it snapped at the hinge, and wouldn't press down properly or provide any tactile feedback. I submitted a warranty repair request, sent it off with a prepaid shipping label (and that's it), and received a brand new controller in it's place.
    2. The new controller developed the same issue within a month. Not only that, but the A/Y buttons were also inconsistent in their feel and registering presses. I created a new warranty request, but this time it was a different label to a different address and said I needed to include customs forms. I put these inside the box, only for the package to be returned by UPS after 2 weeks stating there were none. Sure enough, they were no longer inside the box. I attached 3 to the outside as well as inside, sent it again and received a replacement after 3 weeks. The reason for the delay, as stated on the tracking, was that UPS initiated contact with Microsoft to obtain clearance information for 4 DAYS in a row, before finally getting a response.
    3. The replacement controller was not new - it came wrapped in bubble wrap, without any packaging (which I'd included in the previous return). Not only that, but OUT OF THE BOX neither the A or Y buttons worked correctly, and barely ever registered a press unless pushed with a heavy thumb. Once again, I initiated a return via the warranty portal, attached the documents etc. and shipped it off AGAIN.

However, this time, after 2 weeks of "initiated contact with sender (microsoft) to obtain clearance information" coming up on the tracking for the return parcel, nothing happened. I put in a claim with UPS for a "lost" parcel, which took 2 weeks to clear up, and Microsoft finally initiated a return once the claim was accepted.

Once again, the item I received was a refurbishment wrapped in bubble wrap, and OUT OF THE BOX the left stick is grinding! It doesn't return to centre when let go, and feels horrible to use.
    I am now on my FOURTH controller, which has the left-stick problem, and I'll be damned if I'm going to accept the same shoddy service and go through the process all over again, only to be given a controller which is broken in some other way.

I need to speak with an actual person at Microsoft, but not only is their Virtual Agent a waste of space, the "Call me back" feature DOES NOT WORK for my number. I have no idea why, but when I use my girlfriend's number to request a call-back, it goes through with no issue...

Their UK call centre number, 0344 800 2400, gives absolutely no way to request a call-back or to navigate through to a representative.

How on earth do you actually get proper customer service from this company?

I NEED A CONTROLLER TO USE MY DAMN CONSOLE!

:)

A Frisky Pigeon, Jul 16, 2021
  2. IKEVOI 71 Win User

xbox elite series 2

Common problem with the series II.

I would go back to Argos and try and get it swapped even without your receipt they may change it. If that fails and your controller is still under warranty then send it to Microsoft for repair.

Hope you get sorted soon.
  3. Loacker Christoph Win User

Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?

lmgtfy:

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-fix-xbox-elite-series-2-bumper/
    "The notorious Xbox Elite controller bumpers can and do fail..."

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/15...-controller-series-2-hardware-issues-warranty

"...The Verge has received reports of the face buttons getting stuck, or the Elite 2 not registering button presses."

here we go

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/elite-series-2-bumper-repair/387f68c4-16f7-432a-9518-1c1ae04d3a3f

I
    tried to fill out repair order, but, as mentioned above, those are the only options i got.

Bumper IS a known issue, as you can see.

Btw., it doenst matter what caused 2 years warranty, it is in place and i'm in the right to use it.
  4. LegoNinja187 Win User

Elite Controller Repair

Since it's out of warranty, I reccomend you do some research and see if you can find anywhere that will fix it for you, and how much it's going to cost, then once you know the cost of the repair, you can decide if you should get it repaired, or simply
    buy a new one, or get yourself an Xbox One Elite Series 2 controller, but it will probably be cheaper to get it repaired.
  5. Stillz96Stillwell Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Trigger Issues

I have the exact same problem. Im never buying another elite controller again. I had series 1 which broke and had to return, and now this on my series 2. Microsoft will never learn how to make reliable controller
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

My series 2 elite controller analog sticks are swaying upward

Is your controller still under warranty? If so, yes I would get it sent in as soon as possible for repair. Unfortunately, there has been many problems with the Elite Series 2 controller such as this. Best of luck.
Thema:

Xbox Series 2 Controller Repair - How do I get Microsoft to ACTUALLY sort my problem?

1. Xbox Series 2 Controller Repair - How do I get Microsoft to ACTUALLY sort my problem? - Similar Threads - Series Controller Repair

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. Xbox elite series 2 controller repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller repair: So recently my Elite controller so has gotten extreme bad stick drift so I have place an order for it to get repaired. But now Im confused I know i have to send it in somewhere, but where? I don't...
  5. Hi there, I'd like to know where can I repair a series s controller that's out of warranty...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there, I'd like to know where can I repair a series s controller that's out of warranty...: I have 2 series s controllers that both have a problem with the right bumper as they both don't click, I can't order a repair online as they both are out of warranty, I just want to know how much...
  6. elite series 2 controller repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite series 2 controller repair: I have the halo infinite elite series 2 controller and it’s my favorite controller but the rubberized grips are peeling off is there a way I can send it to Xbox to have it fixed? And if I can how...
  7. Requested Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 repair and did not get my item back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Requested Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 repair and did not get my item back: Sent my controller for repair and they only sent back the d pad and thumb sticks. I have no idea of the next steps or if I will be receiving my controller. Is any one able to assist?...
  8. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Came Back From Being Repaired Broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Came Back From Being Repaired Broken: I recently sent my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 in for repair. I received it back yesterday, and it has arrived broken. The left bumper partially pops out of the controller, and has to be popped...
  9. Need help getting my Elite series 2 controller repaired or replaced.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help getting my Elite series 2 controller repaired or replaced.: I previously sent my controller to be repaired a couple weeks ago as the left bumper was becoming unresponsive. I received it back and the left bumper was working but after a few days of use the...
  10. My Elite Series 2 controller was shipped back to me without getting repaired

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller was shipped back to me without getting repaired: Hi, I found out around 1 month ago that my Elite Series 2 was having some bumpers and buttons issues. I then realized that I had a warranty. So I did everything I had to do (put my controller in...