"Xbox select" no longer works on Kinect

Discus and support "Xbox select" no longer works on Kinect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; it appears Netflix, Hulu, all apps no longer have Kinect commands when you say Xbox select. is it no longer supported? everything else seems to work... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jacob AKA Darth, Aug 23, 2016.

1. "Xbox select" no longer works on Kinect

it appears Netflix, Hulu, all apps no longer have Kinect commands when you say Xbox select.

is it no longer supported?

everything else seems to work and hard reboots do nothing.

:)

Jacob AKA Darth, Aug 23, 2016
  2. Kinect "Turn Off" stopped working.

About two weeks ago i lost the ability to turn off xbox one using kinect. The system recognizes the "Xbox Turn Off" command and brings up the (yes / no) selections, but ignores all commands but "Xbox". The kinect symbol top right does react to me saying
    yes or no (lights up green) but ignores it. All other methods of powering it off work normally, including using a controller to select "yes" from "xbox turn off" screen

{DigitalDave}, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Lucky 1
    Lucky 1 Guest
    Lucky 1, Aug 23, 2016
  4. GrinningBread92 Win User

Xbox Kinect no longer works!

I had this a year ago, when I first bought the xbox one. Ended up exchanging the entire setup because it could be the Kinect, the console or both.
  5. CrazyCookie54 Win User

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't noticed this yet! I've done factory resets as well.
  6. JeffreyKicska Win User

Sounds like the update bricked your kinect too

When will you fix this microsoft?
  7. mgzin66 Win User

Ryse Combat Looking better

8. OK Fowl Win User

Kinect Xbox One

As the Kinect is no longer made or supported I would just recommend tossing the Kinect. The Console will work fine without it.
Thema:

"Xbox select" no longer works on Kinect

1. "Xbox select" no longer works on Kinect - Similar Threads - select longer works

2. Having issues with the A select button not working on some screens

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having issues with the A select button not working on some screens: The A “Select” button does not work on some screens while it works on others. This issue is occurring across multiple controllers (3 different ones) and multiple games. For instance, I cannot get...
  3. LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.: I tried to watch hulu one day, started up the controller and console like normal, was able to open hulu with the buttons but after that all buttons except L3 R3 RT LT stopped working, I've tried...
  4. Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio'

in XboX Insiders
    Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio': Hi all, i tried to play a 4k Blu Ray disc on my Xbox (X series) and it came up with an audio error, i need to unselect 'Let my receiver decode audio'. I can unselect it but it doesn't stay at that...
  5. Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1: Hello, I have 4 xbox controllers plugged in on my Win 10 machine, every time the PC resets different controller is set up as player 1/default controller, its like the ID's of the controllers...
  6. Anyone else feel cheated with game selection?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else feel cheated with game selection?: Why do Xbox players not have access to all the cool games I see people streaming? There are games for PC that look REALLY cool. And I’m sure we’ve all seen hell divers. If I didn’t have so much...
  7. How do I change port selection since the upnp is unsuccessful on my Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change port selection since the upnp is unsuccessful on my Xbox: Need to change port or something cause my game isn’t working due to nat type staying moderate and saying upnp is unsuccessful. bd0c6163-0dcb-45ec-9b48-e2dd59fcc28f
  8. I recently purchased a lg 27gl83 a-b and my xbox series x wont let me select 120hz for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently purchased a lg 27gl83 a-b and my xbox series x wont let me select 120hz for...: Any information is helpful as I have tried various settings on the monitor and xbox series x. I am trying to use 1440p at 120 hz. 793a1ab1-cd00-45fa-8f94-c46cc58eb960
  9. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  10. your selected storage device is no longer available,you will need to select a storage device ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    your selected storage device is no longer available,you will need to select a storage device ...: your selected storage device is no longer available,you will need to select a storage device to save games(fifa 18). What is the problem? i don't have an external hard,i have 150 GB free....