Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu

Discus and support Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hello im yasi, i have my xbox series s since 2022 july and its been so so silent and good for me but lately its been making a very very loud buzzing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YasiEA, Apr 9, 2024.

1. YasiEA
    YasiEA Guest

hello im yasi, i have my xbox series s since 2022 july and its been so so silent and good for me

but lately its been making a very very loud buzzing noise from both the left and right side of the console

left sides PSU

right sides fan

so basically its the fan and PSU at first it was only the PSU but now its affected the fan aswell, i am 100% aware of the noise coming from the PSU because i have opened it up and cleaned it very very well, but its still making such noise its bothering me alot alot lately what can i do to fix the PSU?

what should i do?

what can i do expect for sending in it for repair?

is there any tips to reduce the noise?

is there anything to do to fix it?

everyone is free to tell me their past experiences with this topic much appreciated

:)

YasiEA, Apr 9, 2024
  2. Andy McNizy Win User

Xbox one s fan noise

My second Xbox one s and the noise is doing my head in it's a loud fan and buzzing is this just me or is this meant to be making this noise
  3. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Weird Noise coming from Power Brick

I've had 4 PSUs so far: -

1 - Made a constant ticking noise that was audible at all times.

2 - Same as 1.

3 - No ticking, but made a loud buzzing noise constantly that was audible at all times.

4 - Makes a quiet hum that is not audible over ambient noise in a quiet room.

I consider 4 to be normal as you'll never get a truly silent PSU as there's a fan that runs 24/7 unless you use the power saving mode. There is certainly a lot of variance with these PSUs though and obviously placement, size of room, which room the Xbox
    One is in etc. will all make a difference to people's perception of the noise. Hopefully MS can tighten up on QC so that everyone gets a PSU that's like my 4th one.
  4. Cardinal Slab Win User

Strange noise near the power supply cable

Hello, I have the same exact problem. It is "zzzz" sounding noise when the console is turned off. I bought a new Xbox One S couple of days ago. I tried full shutdown and energy-saving mode and the intermittent BUZZ sound is coming from the integrated PSU.

I would like to know if this is normal as well.
    Little update to help people wondering about this noise in the Xbox One S power supply:

I returned the freshly bought Xbox One S back to the store and got a replacement. The same noise is still there, so it must be a normal feature with the Power Supply. If the noise is so loud that you can hear it a couple meters away, then the PSU is faulty.
    I can only hear the sound when I come really near to the Xbox.
  5. NickBJohnson90 Win User

Loud Noise while installing Games

I just bought mine last night and its doing the same thing. Loud buzzing or humming type noise only while installing a game. Not like a fan or something is hitting something. It's a consistant hum/buzz but it is quite loud
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Laptop

What do you mean by "buzzing sound"?

Is it a buzzing noise coming from your laptop's cooling fans (or other components)? Or is it a buzzing noise from the Xbox gameplay stream?
Thema:

1. Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu - Similar Threads - seires making loud

2. How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?: Hey there, I have Sony WH-CH700s and this problem just now started. When my laptop is connected by HDMI to another monitor, my headphones sort of flicker in and out of recognition as a sound...
  3. Someone is making looking for group posts about me but only harrassing me through the " #...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Someone is making looking for group posts about me but only harrassing me through the " #...: Someone is making looking for group posts about me but only harrassing me through the " # " system xbox report program is not counting this as harassment please help they are posting daily about...
  4. my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...: my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it says that email already has an account with but. Also when i use my username to sign into my account it...
  5. Can xbox make it to where you have a warning before being banned or suspended???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox make it to where you have a warning before being banned or suspended???: I got banned for saying a cuss word after being told if I did something again there would be problems and over 20 invites constantly over the course of 5 mins. 7f0e3169-635f-4ce9-9e07-faea5e064f42
  6. How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account: How do I make a child account on an Xbox to an adult account 173b5633-ff5c-46dd-817a-40edfdbafb61
  7. halo master chief collection pc lan with xbox one or xbox seire x

in XBoX on Consoles
    halo master chief collection pc lan with xbox one or xbox seire x: Does anyone know if you can lan with halo master cheif collection on xbox one or xbox seires swith the halo master cheif collection on pc? Would there be limits on campaign or multiplayer?...
  8. My webcam isnt working on my xbox seires s ive tried everything that its told me too

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My webcam isnt working on my xbox seires s ive tried everything that its told me too: Ive plugged my new webcam into my xbox and it isnt working i have gone to xbox support like it told me too and it didnt help at all so can u get back to me as soon as possible...
  9. Xbox seires s visual glitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seires s visual glitch: I've recently bought an Xbox series s and when I force shut a game it makes my monitor go to a black screen for a few seconds then continues like normal? Is there any fix to this as it's annoying....
  10. question I have a seires x coming in a few days and I want to know something

in XBoX Accessibility
    question I have a seires x coming in a few days and I want to know something: does all my info like accounts and settings automatically transfer over to the series x or do I have to transfer it manually to it? I know games I own on external hard drives can be transferred...