xbox screen name and assets transfer question

Discus and support xbox screen name and assets transfer question in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; can i set up a child account for my child and transfer my xbox screen name and purchases in fortnite to his account in fortnite ? I originally set it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RichardTrostel, Mar 11, 2019.

1. xbox screen name and assets transfer question

can i set up a child account for my child and transfer my xbox screen name and purchases in fortnite to his account in fortnite ?

I originally set it up under my name and account but now I have two grand children that need separate accounts and not included on my account so they
    aren't able to buy stuff on my card without my approval.

:)

RichardTrostel, Mar 11, 2019
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Richard,

We understand that you're inquiry here is in regards to if items from one EPIC Games account can be transferred to another EPIC Games account so that a new child account that you create can have items that have already been collected and added to that account.

Unfortunately, we would not have a clear answer on this as this has to do with in-game data. What might be suggested by EPIC would be the removal of one linked gamertag and then adding another.

This would be done at the EPIC
    Games website
    as well as any other inquires regarding Fortnite can be handled here.

Try this and let us know how this goes.

Best wishes!
  3. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there RichardTrostel

I think you can just log in on the child Gamertag and go to epic say you are changing gamer tags and just log in to your epic account on your child gamertag.

But you need to go there Help center and log in and have all the gamertag prepared Including login info of your epic account.

https://epicgames.helpshift.com/a/epic-accounts/

Be warned Some might say you need to disconnect your account from console There is a risk your purchases become forfeit if you disconnect your account to xbox.

Please be aware that disconnecting your console/platform account from your Epic Games account is highly discouraged for the following reasons:

Your game progression and purchases are stored on your Epic account. So, if you disconnect your console/platform from your Epic account, you lose access to that data.

If you sign in to your Epic Games account using a console/platform that was disconnected, you will automatically create a brand new Epic account. This new account will not have any game progression.

This is straight from epic games support Website so please do not disconnect your account from xbox incase you lose your purchase and game data
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Can I transfer some of my digital library to another Xbox account?

There is no way to transfer assets between accounts
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

How do I deactivate or disconnect X-box account from my Microsoft account (with same email address)

i'm sorry there's no way to remove Xbox from your account or to transfer assets between accounts
  6. Malacath Win User

Shrinkable games

Do you have the download 4k assets option switched on?

It's in the Backup&Transfer options

Apparently the main function of shrink option is to be able to delete all the 4k assets to save hard drive space. This is especially useful on the OG xbox One and the Xbox One S as they can't actually use the 4k assets
Thema:

1. xbox screen name and assets transfer question - Similar Threads - screen name assets

2. Applying Roblox gift card to screen name we are unable to reset password on to get into

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Applying Roblox gift card to screen name we are unable to reset password on to get into: I got my son a Roblox gift card. He has a username for Roblox but did not attach an email address or phone number to this username. I am unable to log into his Roblox account to add the gift card...
  3. Move friend's name on screen from hight left to.....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move friend's name on screen from hight left to.....: I don't remeber how to move friends name when appeare on hight left of the screen. This a big big problem if the map of the game is in the sane position.... Thank you...
  4. FORTNITE account went to MY account & screen name instead of my daughter's - HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    FORTNITE account went to MY account & screen name instead of my daughter's - HELP!: I got my daughter an XBOX for the sole purpose of her playing Fortnite on the XBOX versus her phone. I brought her EPIC games account over to her email address as listed on my Microsoft account,...
  5. Transferred old screen name??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferred old screen name??: When I transferred my son's xbox epic account to PS4 his old screen name: "Hihibutt123" turned up. We don't know where it came from! His screen name is "ChaserDude009". Can that be recovered, or...
  6. anon screen name

in XBoX on Consoles
    anon screen name: Why is my gamertage showing but when i play i see anon with a bunch of numbers a0e40b11-5380-4962-97f6-4c8f99e3676e
  7. [BUG] Xbox stuck at a black screen when restarting after changing the console's name and...

in XboX Insiders
    [BUG] Xbox stuck at a black screen when restarting after changing the console's name and...: Bear with me as I'm bad at explaining..... like, really bad. Basically I connect my Xbox to my PC with the Xbox app so I can type with a keyboard. Ever since that was a feature, there was a bug...
  8. Never used xbox live, but somehow have a screen name, and 2 people in my contacts list. Why?

in XBoX on Windows
    Never used xbox live, but somehow have a screen name, and 2 people in my contacts list. Why?: Why would I already have a screen name and 2 people in my contacts list that I don't know when I have never even used xbox live. My husband is thinking something "fishy" is going on because of...
  9. only get screen name on xbox live , just want to play bejeweled not get f---ing conned into ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    only get screen name on xbox live , just want to play bejeweled not get f---ing conned into ...: only get screen name on xbox live , just want to play bejeweled not get f---ing conned into buying **** --- hate that bejeweled is f---ing coexisting with xbox live makes it suck --- just want to...
  10. Swap Screen Name and Live Subscription To Another Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Swap Screen Name and Live Subscription To Another Microsoft Account: I registered 2 xBox screen names years apart and I recently purchased a year of xBox Live under my secondary Microsoft account because the screen name attached to this account is the screen name I...