XBOX screen doesn't show up on projector

Discus and support XBOX screen doesn't show up on projector in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My XOBX X is connected through Samsung Soundbar Q990C to Optoma UHZ66 4K UHD projector. Second HDMI port on the Samsung soundbar is connected to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IronHOME2016, Nov 25, 2023.

1. IronHOME2016
    IronHOME2016 Guest

My XOBX X is connected through Samsung Soundbar Q990C to Optoma UHZ66 4K UHD projector. Second HDMI port on the Samsung soundbar is connected to Chromecast Ultra. I have no problem using Chromecast Ultra to wake up both soundbar and projector and start streaming right away. However, when I turn on the XOBX, it wakes up both soundbar and the projector, but projector can't find the video source from XBOX. I can hear the XBOX starting sound from soundbar. The only way to make the XBOX screen show up is to randomly long press XBOX button on the controller and then press B, like 8 to 10 times, and rock the joysticks randomly in between each long press. After that, the XBOX screen will suddenly show up on the projector and everything will be fine (4K UHD, 4K HDR, etc.) until next time. I have replaced three different HDMI cables between XBOX and soundbar, the one comes with XBOX, the one comes with soundbar and a 8K Highwings HDMI cable. They all have the same problem. Between soundbar and projector is a 35ft Highwings 8K HDMI 2.1 cable.

Any idea what's going on?

:)

IronHOME2016, Nov 25, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello IronHOME2016, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

The problem you are experiencing when trying to display the Xbox screen on the projector may be related to the HDMI connection settings and compatibility between the devices. Here are some possible solutions and steps you can follow:

Check the sound bar settings. Make sure the sound bar is configured correctly to transmit the HDMI video signal from the Xbox to the projector. Review the soundbar's input and output settings and make sure they are set to output video correctly.

Try a direct connection To rule out any problems with the sound bar, try connecting the Xbox directly to the projector using a high-quality HDMI cable. This will help you determine if the problem is related to the sound bar or if it is something specific to the connection between the Xbox and the projector.

Check your resolution and refresh rate settings and make sure your Xbox is set correctly for resolution and refresh rate. Some projectors may have specific resolution and refresh rate requirements to properly display the image. Make sure the Xbox is configured to meet the projector requirements.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. Bretator Win User

Need to Hook X Box One Up to Speakers

The Xbox One is hooked up to a projector. I tried running the red and white audio wires from the projector and then directly to the speakers. I do not have it hooked up to a TV. I am using a projector with a screen on the wall. Still no sound from the
    home theater speakers, there is sound coming out of the projector.
  4. Majikthise Win User

Suggestions and requests

When I say I have to look kinect in the eye it's probably down to me having a very large screen at quite close range. (I use a 720p projector, and used to have a much bigger play space!)

Kinect is set up very close to the bottom edge of the screen, but as my screen is large and it doesn't take this into account, then it doesn't think I'm paying attention to the xbox (it checks to make sure you are talking to it rather than someone else)

On the plus side, I can confirm that kinect works just fine in the dark and with a projector (as long as it's not acctually shining on the camera.

(though occasionally it detects my projector as a person and calls them "guest" lol)
  5. Rich Killin Win User

Xbox One with Optoma HD141X Projector

The problem is, the XBOX is toggling the 'off' command instead of using the separate 'on' command. If you turn the projector on and then power up the XBOX, you will see the projector display the 'press again to confirm off' pop up box, because it has received
    a single 'off' command from the XBOX. MS need to update the profile with the separate 'on' command as this projector doesn't use the same IR signal to power on and off.
  6. InsanKilla clan Win User

Xbox 360 doesn't show up on screen

Try here for some answers https://beta.support.xbox.com
Thema:

1. XBOX screen doesn't show up on projector - Similar Threads - screen doesn't show

2. Bioshock 2 on xbox x won't load profile? Load screen stalls at around 90% and doesn't go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bioshock 2 on xbox x won't load profile? Load screen stalls at around 90% and doesn't go...: Bioshock 2 on xbox x won't load profile? Load screen stalls at around 90% and doesn't go any further 8ae293ef-5999-4495-9889-30302d7eb6a3
  3. My screen is turning purple/black while playing COD 2019 it also doesn't let me see my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is turning purple/black while playing COD 2019 it also doesn't let me see my...: Idk what to do I've used 2 tvs and restarted and Googled what to do but I can't get it to stop for good 5b917a13-d3a5-43cc-83f5-bcef813eccc1
  4. Xbox One X. ASA, constant crashing. Home button only dims screen, but doesn't show home menu.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X. ASA, constant crashing. Home button only dims screen, but doesn't show home menu.: Adding on to the ASA crashing reports. Playing Deep Rock and it crashes my Xbox, blinking lights, when I try to play. Only happened after the latest update. On top of that, if I can manage to play...
  5. Xbox one s is turned on bur doesn't show on screen

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one s is turned on bur doesn't show on screen: My xbox is turned on and everything on, right hdmi cable and everything but it doesnt show on my monitor i tried a tv. I turned on the controller it's blinking like it's trying to connect but...
  6. Ubisoft connect doesn't show a purchase screen or an install screen when I get sent there...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ubisoft connect doesn't show a purchase screen or an install screen when I get sent there...: i tried downloading rainbow six siege from the xbox game pass store but it made me download ubsifot connect so I did and when i launched it I went back to the xbox game pass store but when it...
  7. Twitch issue with broadcasting, game doesn't show on screen.

in XboX Insiders
    Twitch issue with broadcasting, game doesn't show on screen.: Hi, I am writting here because I am wondering if this could be related to a latest update? I am currently registered on the Alpha Skip Ahead ring. I just passed almost 3 hours with Microsoft...
  8. Xbox 360 doesn't show up on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 doesn't show up on screen: Since my siblings are always using the xbox one and I hardly get to use it i've taken out the xbox 360 and i've plugged everything and it does turn on, but nothing shows up on my screen. It has...
  9. Xbox One X now only shows a black screen and doesn't even show the start up intro

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X now only shows a black screen and doesn't even show the start up intro: Completely out of nowhere, my game cuts to black. I can still talk to the people in my party, but I decide to hard restart my Xbox. Now nothing happens on startup, no noise is played, but my...
  10. Channel content doesn't show up in one guide but does at the bottom of the screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Channel content doesn't show up in one guide but does at the bottom of the screen: I recently cut cable and bought the suggested Xbox One Digital Tuner and Mohu Antenna. Many of the HD channels that show up in the OneGuide don't contain any show information while in the...