xbox says my mic is muted when settings say otherwise?

Discus and support xbox says my mic is muted when settings say otherwise? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i’ve already made a post about this but it was the wrong account. yesterday my wifi was down for a few hours but came back later that night. however... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Alex Matthews2, Oct 5, 2023.

1. xbox says my mic is muted when settings say otherwise?

i’ve already made a post about this but it was the wrong account. yesterday my wifi was down for a few hours but came back later that night. however ever since my xbox won’t allow me to use my mic. i’ve tried noice voice chats in ow2 and it would say i’m mute bc of a setting on my console or console account settings. i’ve never touched my settings. i’ve tried communicating through a discord server and i still can’t use my mic. i’ve tried all the solutions of checking my settings and switching my mic on and off. everything is set to where the mic should work but it somehow doesn’t. please help, as this is very frustrating and confusing. i’m not sure what to do.

:)

Alex Matthews2, Oct 5, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

3. nub whisperer Win User

Headset: Can hear friends, but mic won't detect my voice. Tried 2 headsets. Kinect mic works!

Also, if I record a voice message, Xbox says no mic detected; check to see if your mic is muted.

It's NOT muted!
  4. Reaper RPNT Win User

muted myself yet can still hear and chat

i also tried unplugging my turtle beach and using standard xbox headset and bought another xbox headset and same thing still.

also when i unplug or plug in my headset the mic symbol does not change still says muted regardless if mic is plugged in or not the mic symbol never leaves
  5. DomNic8891 Win User

Mic not working in the xbox app and in party chat while streaming

I need to have my headset connected to the xbox one controller to use the chat on my pc? Even in the start a party beta? Everywhere I have read people said you just need your headset connected to the pc and have the headset and mic set to default in the
    playback devices on windows 10. When in the start a party beta I right click on my user profile pic and it says mute. I press mute then right click again, it says unmute. I press unmute and nothing happens. It just keeps saying unmute.
  6. Korahn 27 Win User

Players with open mics... who don't actually say anything

I always have my mic enabled, but muted unless I have to say something. I do agree that the coughing / sneezing, etc can be annoying. Mics have mute features (at least all the ones I've seen/used) - use them please.
Thema:

1. xbox says my mic is muted when settings say otherwise? - Similar Threads - says mic muted

2. If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...: I would like to buy a digital apex legends gift card however it says that this card is only for xbox one and there is not a option for xbox x/s and I only have a xbox series s. I am wondering that...
  3. my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...: my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it says that email already has an account with but. Also when i use my username to sign into my account it...
  4. New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...

in XBoX on Windows
    New card says been redeemed I just scratched it today I bought it in December last year...: My new card says been redeemed by somebody else and won't let me check balance with code tell's me to contact customer support c8e332fc-d3c6-4dd4-a0dc-98d26ea5c155
  5. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  6. My mic has be sounding like a little kid and its hard for others to understand what im saying

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My mic has be sounding like a little kid and its hard for others to understand what im saying: My mic was perfect until now where it had me sounding like a little kid and its hard for others from the other end to understand what im saying 19bb26cb-3cf6-4481-be6d-865120dd38c8
  7. How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change my mic monitoring when it says "Use your headset or other device to change...: I got a new controller and played some apex then plugged in my headset, then after a while I wanted to change my mic monitoring but it's says "Use your headset or other device to change the...
  8. My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find...: I have an Xbox one S. I’m not sure why the mic works in discord, but not in the Xbox party. I don’t change anything when I switch, my mic isn’t muted but when I go to an Xbox party others can’t...
  9. People say my Tritton 720+ mic echoes

in XBoX on Consoles
    People say my Tritton 720+ mic echoes: My mixer box is hooked up to the Xbox One's Optical port. My mic wire is hooked up to the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter. The adapter's volume is pushed all the way to chat and the volume is all...
  10. People in my parties say my XBox One mic is making "static" noises

in XBoX on Consoles
    People in my parties say my XBox One mic is making "static" noises: Randomly people started saying my standard mic on XBox One is making weird cracking noises and its really annoying for them, does anyone have a fix? 5a284b0f-ac0a-4f97-a300-3f3eaa4c1d83