Xbox says I need an alternate MAC address please help

Discus and support Xbox says I need an alternate MAC address please help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; when I try to log onto Xbox love I keep getting a message that says I need an alternate MAC address... then when I tried to put on it it didn’t work...... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RnSx STROKEZz, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Xbox says I need an alternate MAC address please help

when I try to log onto Xbox love I keep getting a message that says I need an alternate MAC address... then when I tried to put on it it didn’t work... I just want to play some Xbox can I get some help please

:)

RnSx STROKEZz, Apr 2, 2018
  2. sc_shark
    sc_shark Guest
    xbox dashboard issues..

bumping it back up for anyone who may need the help.. ive still had a few issues and thi tends to fix it off the bat.. if not a hard reset..

Please go to Settings > Network > Advance Settings > Alternate MAC Address > Clear > Restart

sc_shark, Apr 2, 2018
  3. xsmoke1morex
    xsmoke1morex Guest
    Need help! Can't use Xbox live.

im hard wired when testing the connection, I get an error message that says additional authentication required..with an option to enter alternate mac address. Please help.

xsmoke1morex, Apr 2, 2018
  4. GMAN990 Win User

Alternate mac address help!

5. XBF Ezra G Win User

ruter odfiltrowywuje adres MAC[the router filters out the MAC address]

Hi there,

To adjust MAC address filtering, please check out your router's configuration page that should be listed on your router's manual. You can adjust the alternate MAC address on the console to spoof a MAC address that is allowed to join a network. You can do
    so by visiting Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address. There you may enter the alternate MAC address you may have and connect to the desired network.

I hope this helps.
  6. speedkill1977 Win User

Networking

Microsoft Locked the wireless alternate mac address on the new xbox one s , this means if you have to manually input the wireless mac address you cant, even if you manually input the wireless alternate mac address it wont take after the console restarts..this
    is bad new gamers, you been warned...if you need to manually enter your alternate mac address then dont buy a new xbox one s.

also noted that every game console lets you change the wireless mac address, even the original xbox one lets you change the alternate mac address to the one you need to use...but the new xbox one s locked us out in changing the wireless mac address manually
  7. XBA_Hype Win User

Games and apps

if a power cycle hasn't worked please try clearing your alternate mac address via network settings-advanced-alternate mac address.
  8. XBA_Hype Win User

getting disconnected from xbox one party

try clearing your alternate mac address and see if it helps. network - network settings - alternate mac - clear

(your xbox will restart)
Thema:

Xbox says I need an alternate MAC address please help

1. Xbox says I need an alternate MAC address please help - Similar Threads - says need alternate

2. Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...: Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need to transfer it to a storage expansion card or the consoles internal storage ....
  3. My Xbox keeps saying I need to clear storage

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps saying I need to clear storage: I have 30% of my storage used and I did the clear local save games. I'm confused guys, help me submitted by /u/SpioerSonic [link] [comments]
  4. I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...: when I plug my storage into the right hole in my xbox it claims I have 2.2 TB free but when I download a game on my storage it says that I have to put it on my internal storage. Is there a way to...
  5. I'm trying to use twitch on Xbox to stream Minecraft but it's saying I need to subscription...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to use twitch on Xbox to stream Minecraft but it's saying I need to subscription...: It's saying I need to have a subscription to broadcast I don't know what this means but I've looked at some other people and people are saying that it means they need to login with their Twitch...
  6. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  7. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  8. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  9. I can't get multiplayer to work with Xbox core subscription, keeps saying I need ultimate?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't get multiplayer to work with Xbox core subscription, keeps saying I need ultimate?: I can't get multiplayer to work with Xbox core subscription, keeps saying I need ultimate? 3b1ddad5-be63-48eb-b4de-cbff6a7a5011
  10. Ive been trying to get on the launcher and says "You'll need to ask an adult in your family...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ive been trying to get on the launcher and says "You'll need to ask an adult in your family...: Its become quite problematic and me nor my father can fix it f775b6c3-497a-45eb-a5d8-f88c445aab6e