Xbox S screen recording do nothing.

Discus and support Xbox S screen recording do nothing. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello all, I inserted a usb 3.2 256Gb which is formatted as ntfs into the console. On the console, through the options, I set the usb disk as media... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Stevan Filipovic, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Xbox S screen recording do nothing.

Hello all,

I inserted a usb 3.2 256Gb which is formatted as ntfs into the console. On the console, through the options, I set the usb disk as media input. The connected usb is empty and while I'm in the game, when I select the option to record the screen, I get a notification that the recording has started, but when I go back to the options to stop the recording, there is still the start recording option. Also create video by me or game is selected.

What could be the problem?

:)

Stevan Filipovic, Nov 27, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

I am glad that you were able to solve the problem, it is a pleasure to help, if you need help or have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us again, we will be happy to help you.
  3. Stevan Filipovic Win User

I tried all of the above but it didn't work. However, restarting in the following way solved the problem:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select System.
    4. Select Console info
    5. Select Reset console.
    6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

Thanks for the quick reply.
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Stevan F, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

The problem you are experiencing when recording games on your console could be due to several reasons. Here are some possible solutions you can try:

1. Make sure the USB drive you are using is compatible with your console to record games. See your console's documentation or website for information on supported USB storage devices.

2. Confirm that the USB drive is formatted correctly. Although you mentioned that it is formatted as NTFS, some consoles may require a specific file system format, such as exFAT or FAT32, to record gameplay. Check your console documentation for the recommended file system format and reformat the USB drive if necessary.

3. Make sure the USB drive has enough free space to store the recorded gameplay. If the drive is almost full, the console may not be able to record. Try using a different USB drive or free up space on the existing one.

4. Check if firmware updates are available for your console. Keeping your console firmware updated can resolve compatibility issues and improve performance.

5. If the problem persists, you can try resetting the console settings related to game recording. To do this, follow these steps:

Turn on your Xbox Series S and go to the main menu.

Navigate to the “Settings” icon at the top right of the screen and select it.

In the Settings menu, scroll down and select the “System” option.

Within the "System" menu, select the "Storage" option.

Next, choose the “Storage Devices” option.

You'll see a list of storage devices connected to your Xbox Series S. Select the USB you're using to record.

On the next screen, you should see an option to "Wipe device." Select this option to reset the USB to default settings.

Confirm the deletion action if prompted.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again
  5. John Matthew07 Win User

error pop on screen recording

Hello S. Arvind,

Are you trying to use the Xbox Game Bar to record the screen? Type "Xbox" (or press the "Windows icon + G" on the keyboard) to start the "Xbox Game Bar."

[​IMG]

You can also use third-party screen recorder apps such as Bandicam or OBS to record your computer screen.
  6. Mr daffypyle Win User

xbox screen recorder on windows.

Windows 10 has a native feature that lets you record a video clip -- of up to 2 hours -- of your screen. But you may not have noticed this feature, because it's hidden away inside the Xbox app.

Windows 10's
Thema:

1. Xbox S screen recording do nothing. - Similar Threads - screen recording nothing

2. Is there a way to capture party audio (including yourself) in screen record?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to capture party audio (including yourself) in screen record?: I feel like it's a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway submitted by /u/The_swat_boi556 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox Series S screen recording isn’t working properly with USB-drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S screen recording isn’t working properly with USB-drive: Hi, after Xbox update in April Xbox series S stopped recording screen correctly when using usb drives. Now sometimes it saves corrupted file that i cannot open, but sometimes it doesn't even start...
  4. All my screen recordings saved locally on my console disappeared

in XBoX on Consoles
    All my screen recordings saved locally on my console disappeared: All my screen recordings, except photos, disappeared from my xbox one console. I saved them locally and not online. How can i get them back and what is going on? 7920cd02-1881-4dd0-8f6a-17744584e76a
  5. My Xbox is stuck on the capture screen when I try to screen record, I can exit out of it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox is stuck on the capture screen when I try to screen record, I can exit out of it...: When I try to screen record on my Xbox, it doesn’t record and instead just displays the capture screen and won’t record. 42ccfa2b-db81-459e-8875-90799207a7fe
  6. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  7. I cant screen record what should i do

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant screen record what should i do: so I pressed windows and g but it wont show me the capture butten 2582cd80-01c9-4e19-949d-d1f9561d29da
  8. xbox game bar screen recording black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game bar screen recording black screen: i discovered the xbox game bar screen recording option recently. at first, it’s working just fine. however, i decided to use it again just a few days ago to record my entire work flow for almost 2...
  9. I can't record my PC screen via Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't record my PC screen via Xbox Game Bar: I don't know why but PC recording via Xbox Game Bar is always unavailable for me and I can't record anything. How can I solve this issue? 2ca12331-62d4-4fff-8401-a104f4dee690
  10. Hi all! I want to record my screen via xbox game bar, but it doesn't work.

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi all! I want to record my screen via xbox game bar, but it doesn't work.: Hi all! I want to record my screen via xbox game bar, but it doesn't work. I pressed the Windows + Alt + R combination, to no avail. Through the xbox game bar itself I press the record button, but...