Xbox S audio output options: need USB audio!

Discus and support Xbox S audio output options: need USB audio! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm not sure who at Microsoft came up with the brilliant idea to have Xbox S output audio only though the HDMI cable or the game controller, but ...... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andy Peters, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Andy Peters
    Andy Peters Guest

I'm not sure who at Microsoft came up with the brilliant idea to have Xbox S output audio only though the HDMI cable or the game controller, but ... for users whose monitors do not have speakers and do not want to use headphones/earbuds connected to the controller, there is no way to hear the game audio. This is not obvious from the product's web page.

The simple solution is to get one of the product's firmware developers to add USB Audio Class support. Let users attach any standard audio device to the product and manage audio in the way that makes sense for their set-up.

My son's set-up is a little Mackie mixer that has both headphone and control-room monitor outputs and level controls. If the Xbox had an analog audio output or USB Audio Class support, we'd just take that analog output or the analog output from a USB Audio Device, plug it into the mixer, and go.

But without either of those options, the choices are:

1. Use one of those HDMI audio-stripper boxes to extract the audio from the HDMI signal and pass the video on through to the display, I suppose this should work.

2. connect a cable from the game controller to the mixer. This makes gameplay annoying as the cable is in the way. Though if you play with keyboard and mouse instead of the controller, the controller could be left on the table, connected to the mixer.

But, really, that this product lacks useful audio-output options is really weak.

:)

Andy Peters, Aug 8, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

There is you just aren't reading your options box right

Needs to be Xbox compatible.

Thats with any device

Artis usb head set etc is one example

Manufacutrers haven't follow direct sound method on xbox

Not their own stuff and pay licensing fee to get tested and confirmed to work for the label works for Xbox or any console why don't you know this stuff

This is with any third potty device on any console
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox one console- audio hdmi out only via seconde hdmi tv in

Hello Proof,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. There is no way for audio to be sent outward through the HDMI in. There is an optical audio jack and the HDMI out.

Only other options are in the audio output settings.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. shadow walkerOZ Win User

USB Headset

No, sorry.

At the moment there's no option to output audio to USB, only HDMI and optical cable.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

i can’t Hear my game

Are you playing on a Xbox console?

If so, go to the audio settings in the console settings and set up the console audio to output game audio via headset.

In the headphone settings you can also set up spatial 3D audio, by turning the audio output for headphones to Windows Sonic, or if you have purchased the Atmos App (the free app only works 14 days with headphones), you can also set Dolby Atmos for headphones.

If you are on the PC, you need to make the headphone your device for audio output (not only voice communications).

Click on the speaker icon in the lower right, and choose the output channel for the headphone. Depending on your soundcard or USB headset, you need to select the proper audio output.
  6. soldierboy333 Win User

No headphone jack on my tv for turtle beach x12

Currently, the only way to connect your x12's to your tv is to either have the 3.5mm jack audio output or the red and white audio output jacks that can be connected to using the converter cable provided with your x12's. You must also have a usb port avaiable
    on your tv for the x12's to recive power, you may also use the ports on the xbox itself if the cord will reach.
Thema:

1. Xbox S audio output options: need USB audio! - Similar Threads - audio output options

2. Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Waves Maxx Audio Pro not detecting any output device: I think some windows update caused this or something. Basically my headset which has a built in microphone is plugged into the headphone jack of my laptop. When it is plugged in it should show...
  3. I need help figuring out how to get audio output.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I need help figuring out how to get audio output.: I have not been able to talk to anyone in a party for over a year now. I can hear them, but they can’t hear me. This started when I had my old Xbox One and old headset. I thought that maybe it was...
  4. Wireless Xbox Controller turning off after 15 minutes while using it as audio output/input...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Controller turning off after 15 minutes while using it as audio output/input...: Hello, Please see the previous locked thread on this issue. While using a Wireless Xbox Controller, it turns off after 15 minutes while using it as audio output/input while connected to PC via...
  5. Part chat audio sounds doubled when using party chat output to headset and speakers.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Part chat audio sounds doubled when using party chat output to headset and speakers.: I'm trying to use the party chat output to headset and speaker to capture the party chat on my elgato HD60X but when I put it to headset and speakers but it makes the party audio sounds like it's...
  6. why is there no option to choose audio output for minecraft windows 10 edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is there no option to choose audio output for minecraft windows 10 edition?: how has microsoft failed to include this BASIC feature? there are many other VERY basic features left out of windows 10 edition, but this is one of the most annoying to me. I use voicemeeter for...
  7. Can the audio input/output setting be added back to the app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can the audio input/output setting be added back to the app?: The xbox mobile app does not allow for selecting audio input and output. This used to be a dropdown in the party menu. A separate thread mentioned the feature being removed because the app SHOULD...
  8. How do I fix my audio input, that keeps glitching, and my audio output, which keeps...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my audio input, that keeps glitching, and my audio output, which keeps...: So, I bought this new PC and mostly everything works! The only thing I'm concerned about is the audio inputs and outputs, whenever I plug in the output it works fine, but when I plug in my input,...
  9. How to fix the video and audio output settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix the video and audio output settings: While trying to fix my settings for my audio I noticed it doesn’t display the same setting options as other consoles would is there a way to fix that. f4b86445-9eba-456f-b08f-4f7fcaeb5401
  10. Audio to both TV output and headset via optical output?

in XboX Insiders
    Audio to both TV output and headset via optical output?: Hey, I'm struggling here and I couldn't find any post describing the exact issue I'm going through. I have an Astro a50 (regular pc edition). I was wondering if there's any way in which I could...