Xbox restricted access not allowing me to look at games?

Discus and support Xbox restricted access not allowing me to look at games? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have my own Microsoft account, not linked to anyone else's and my family safety is not being used. Yet when searching for or trying to get games on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by NiallClifford, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Xbox restricted access not allowing me to look at games?

I have my own Microsoft account, not linked to anyone else's and my family safety is not being used. Yet when searching for or trying to get games on the Xbox app and game pass it says I have restricted access. I have been though my setting, my date of birth is correct and above the legal age of the content and when using the Xbox setting and selecting "Content access" I am taken to the family safety page when I can do nothing because I don't have a family set up. I seem to be going around in circles and just want to be to be able to look at and play the games rated for the age I am.

***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Other***

:)

NiallClifford, Jan 11, 2024
  2. NiallClifford Win User

Hi,

Yes, so using the Xbox app when I am trying to find games that at 18+ I am getting a "restricted access" message. I have gone through the Microsoft family and I am not set up in any family nor do I get any options if I click on my name to change anything.

However, since posting a question in the community forum, I have been able to see 18+ games on the Xbox app and game pass. I have not changed anything about my account but for some reason it is now working correctly.

I appreciate your help even though it has somehow sorted itself out

Thank you
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello NiallClifford,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are trying to search games and get through the Xbox app and is unable to because of an error message. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

It is possible that your account is added to Xbox Family settings app before where the organizer set an age limit or block inappropriate games, apps and content for the members in their family group. Anything that exceeds these content ratings need an organizer's approval.

When you are on the right age, you can leave from a family group or the organizer may remove you from the group. To leave from family group. follow the steps below:

• Using a web browser, sign in to family.microsoft.com.
    • Click next to your name and select Leave family group.
    • Select Remove to confirm.

For your reference, see:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello NiallClifford,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue for searching games that is 18+ has been sorted out and working.

If you have other concern related to Xbox product and services. feel free to create a new topic to discuss and we are more than happy to help.

Thanks again for choosing Microsoft!

Sincerely,

5. christian wolf1 Win User

buying xbox game pass ultimate in kenya through paypal or credit card

I wish I got a PlayStation instead I have no access to game pass the reason xbox says it’s not available is because not all countries allow Microsoft with no restrictions screw xbox
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Payment

Pakistan is not a supported Xbox region

You cannot access Xbox services or games of any kind. Xbox can be sued for allowing you to do so.

Circumventing regional restrictions or otherwise attempting to illicitly access the services can result in account and hardware bans.
Thema:

1. Xbox restricted access not allowing me to look at games? - Similar Threads - restricted access allowing

2. Teredo is stuck on "Restricted (port)"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Teredo is stuck on "Restricted (port)": I've tried absolutely everything possible. I can not find a single fix. There is no xbox networking tab either so please don't ask to check that. c1ee0fb9-6b5e-4d8f-8ed9-9d2ae2e11583
  3. What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...: Hello Community, Dec 19th, my son's account was stolen using software that bypassed Microsoft security protocols. This was immediately reported to Microsoft via multiple avenues (live chat, and...
  4. Xbox restricted access not allowing me to look at games?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox restricted access not allowing me to look at games?: I have my own Microsoft account, not linked to anyone else's and my family safety is not being used. Yet when searching for or trying to get games on the Xbox app and game pass it says I have...
  5. How did I get restricted access because of a non violating picture I attempted to upload to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How did I get restricted access because of a non violating picture I attempted to upload to...: how did I get restricted. Please tell me what I did wrong and what exactly is wrong about this? [img] a019e2df-bff2-47dd-8707-6fa439cf9daa
  6. I can not find or access "Manage Minecraft under Content restrictions"

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can not find or access "Manage Minecraft under Content restrictions": My name is Nojus, me and my dad are currently trying to setup a microsoft/xbox account so i can play minecraft, and we have created a family group thing or whatever its called, but when i try to...
  7. Why is my account access still restricted

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my account access still restricted: I spoke with xbox support yesterday regarding suspicious activity on my account and found out a charge made by someone else was made on my account. How or why it was hacked, I don't know, but I do...
  8. How do I restrict network access and game removal access?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I restrict network access and game removal access?: I want to force player to stay offline. I want to restrict player from removing apps. I want player to be able to play all installed games. 83931ee8-491a-4e2e-8f64-1359cbf3bff2
  9. Restrict access to Minecraft servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Restrict access to Minecraft servers: Hi, my children play Minecraft offline on iPad but now want to connect with a friend remotely via iPad. i have read that setting up a Child Microsoft/Xbox account will provide parental controls,...
  10. Restrict all access

in XBoX on Consoles
    Restrict all access: Here's the thing, I live with 5 other people. I had an Xbox 360 that worked perfectly fine. When 4 people moved in they used it and the disc drive went out and Won't read anything, I worked alot...