Xbox resolution changing

Discus and support Xbox resolution changing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a sporadic issue with the resolution on my console. Once I manage to get the console to recognise its 4k it works fine but if I do any of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by stevenhyland, Jan 2, 2024.

1. stevenhyland
    stevenhyland Guest

Xbox resolution changing

I have a sporadic issue with the resolution on my console.

Once I manage to get the console to recognise its 4k it works fine but if I do any of the following

Turn off console

Turn off tv

Standby

Chance source on tv

And then go back to my xbox my resolution gets defaulted to 680 x 480 on (auto detect) and I'm unable to change it via the resolution option if I manually set it to hdmi i can 1080p but nothing more and the 4k menu says my tv doesn't support it

The only way to fix it is turn everything off and unplug the power and hdmi cable and replug them in the hope that it detects it otherwise I have to do the cables again.

Sometimes it happens straight away sometimes it works and then after an hour or so it resets.

:)

stevenhyland, Jan 2, 2024
  2. stevenhyland Win User

Xbox resolution changing

I have done all the above and my tv does support everything you have mentioned. What else can be done? I’ve seen that I am not the only person with this issue.
  3. Jhonkito Win User

Xbox resolution changing

Hi Stevenhyland, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

*Make sure Xbox automatically detects your TV. Go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Display & TV options. In the Advanced Options column, choose Video Fidelity and Overscan. In the Display column, make sure Auto Detect (Recommended) is selected. The 4K feature is not available when HDMI or DVI is manually selected.

*In the case of HDR, check your TV manual to make sure this device supports the HDR10 media profile. Look for BT2020 and HDR support or see the list above. (There are two HDR formats: Dolby Vision and HDR10. Your TV may support both, but at a minimum it should support HDR10.)

*Make sure the HDMI cable is plugged into the appropriate port on the TV. Some TVs support the full set of 4K functionality only on certain ports. Consult the TV's manual or try its different ports.
    Check the TV's settings menu. Your TV may have a special way to activate 4K or HDR. Check your TV's manual to find out if you need to change its settings. Don't forget that the TV manufacturer may use different names for HDR; check the list above.

*If you cannot view certain content, make sure your TV supports HDCP 2.2 and that it is enabled in its settings.
    Check the HDMI cables. Make sure you use the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox.

It is also possible that the problems you are having are because your television does not support 4K resolution or is supported by the Xbox.

You can consult more solutions through the following source of information.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshooting-4k-and-hdr-on-xbox-one

I hope the information I gave you has been useful, have a happy day.
  4. Jhonkito Win User

Xbox resolution changing

Hi again Stevenhyland

It appears to be a problem that several users are experiencing and we cannot fix it on our own. The best thing I can recommend is to contact Microsoft support.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

They can help you find a solution or clarify some things about device compatibility.
  5. Kenny H. Win User

jagged edges on Xbox One

6. That Boy Hero Win User

Changing resolution

Yes, Xbox Series X will have a setting to change resolution. However you can also consider buying an Xbox Series S if you do not plan to upgrade your TV/Monitor just yet.
Thema:

Xbox resolution changing

1. Xbox resolution changing - Similar Threads - resolution changing

2. Stuck on 640 x 480 resolution on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuck on 640 x 480 resolution on xbox: I found that I actually had a dodgy hdmi cable and when I replaced it it worked perfectly. So if you've gone through all the different settings and the resolution is still terrible try and change...
  3. Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution: Hi all I have an Xbox series X with a high end 4k TV. When I try and remote play from my Rog ally then I get sound but a black screen If I go I to Xbox settings and change the resolution from 4k...
  4. my Xbox one s is having missing resolutions and artifacts i tried factory reset and restart

in XBoX on Windows
    my Xbox one s is having missing resolutions and artifacts i tried factory reset and restart: I don't know what is happening with my Xbox one s Btw This is LIL Flame3607 564710e6-9600-4cfe-bbdc-4385f9190a0b
  5. Cannot change Xbox one s out of low resolution mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot change Xbox one s out of low resolution mode: When I turned the Xbox on it was stuck on a black screen, the only thing that worked was rebooting it in low quality mode but no I cannot change the quality back to 720 or 1080p. I have tried...
  6. my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it: So my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it out of this resolution only started happening after recent system update I haven't changed anything same tv...
  7. Hi my xbox one s resolution stuck on 640 x 480 and not changed to other resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi my xbox one s resolution stuck on 640 x 480 and not changed to other resolution: Hi my xbox one s resolution stuck on 640 x 480 LOW resolution and not changed to 1080 p OR 4K UHD OR 720 p OR 1440 P HELP ME FOR resolution problem on xbox one s 96e51b04-9c91-4f89-ab0c-3d243466feda
  8. How Do You Change The Resolution of Recordings in Xbox Gamebar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How Do You Change The Resolution of Recordings in Xbox Gamebar?: I have been making recordings with the "capture widget" in xbox gamebar for quite some while now and have had no issue with recording games in the past. However, one thing that began to frustrate...
  9. 1440p Capture problems, cant change resolution settings for clips to match output.

in XboX Insiders
    1440p Capture problems, cant change resolution settings for clips to match output.: I play on 1440p and my game captures are only at 1080p and constantly freeze anytime I clip something. Not sure what I can do, I've already done a reset on it and it didn't change anything....
  10. doom 3 on pc windows 11 : i changed the video and resolution settings to max and now it...

in XBoX on Windows
    doom 3 on pc windows 11 : i changed the video and resolution settings to max and now it...: doom 3 on pc windows 11 : i bought it and installed it and launched it : it was displayed in window low resolution, and i could play it. so i changed the video settings and resolution to max :...