Xbox Remote won't let me type on virtual keyboard.

Discus and support Xbox Remote won't let me type on virtual keyboard. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Every time I need to sign in or enter my email and the virtual keyboard comes up, as soon as I move off the predictive text bar to the keypad I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by HarpFlanders, Dec 20, 2021.

1. HarpFlanders
    HarpFlanders Guest

Every time I need to sign in or enter my email and the virtual keyboard comes up, as soon as I move off the predictive text bar to the keypad I'm instantly moved back to the top left corner on the predicted text bar. I can't sign in to anything, I've done a hard start and all my remotes do the same thing but only when im prompted to the xbox virtual keyboard. SO ANNOYING! And also making my device virtually useless at this point!

:)

HarpFlanders, Dec 20, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Can you please attach a screenshot to help me understand what is happening?
  3. Sunny76262 Win User

Mine does the same thing. Even changed controllers and the cursor just goes where it wants. No way to type in the password to play. So annoying. Why do I have to enter a password to play on my own Xbox??? It’s basically a paperweight. So very annoying.
  4. StormingParadox Win User

My Xbox One controllers home button isn't working

I'm have a similar issue! My home button won't work and my Xbox won't let me type anything on the Xbox key board but the YouTube keyboard works!
  5. denis97g Win User

Keyboard bug

what type of bug? if you mean the size of the keyboard, it's not a bug it's the ne virtual keyboard.
  6. coco meat train Win User

Xbox App Keyboard

Not quite the same issue but I have a sporadic issue with the app on iOS not letting me type to my system from my phone for messages or error reports. Tapping on my phone just registers as button inputs instead of bringing up a virtual keyboard. Really
    annoying and unfixed bug. Maybe the same for the PC app and regular keyboards?
Thema:

1. Xbox Remote won't let me type on virtual keyboard. - Similar Threads - Remote won't let

2. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  3. Remote play problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play problem: I tried to remote play my xbox series x on win 11 PC and its keep saying Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network...
  4. Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution: Hi all I have an Xbox series X with a high end 4k TV. When I try and remote play from my Rog ally then I get sound but a black screen If I go I to Xbox settings and change the resolution from 4k...
  5. Black screen with remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen with remote play: Hi all I have an Xbox series X and a high end TV. In TV settings on the Xbox the resolution is set to 4k uhd but when this set to 4k I am unable to use remote play from my Rog ally,all I get is a...
  6. Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...: Need help im trying to stream Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to using a mic on the laptop it stops the stream all up tp date on laptop...
  7. Xbox remote play

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox remote play: How do I connect remote play Xbox & find the Code after setting up the console 934014ae-5b83-4479-ab80-f8a4646c4dae
  8. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  9. xbox remote play not working over mobile network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox remote play not working over mobile network.: I have a samsung 23 ultra on att network. when I try to remote play on my console though the x box app over my 5 g mobile network I get an error message. I can connect to any wifi and have no...
  10. XBOX Remote Play won't initiate on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Remote Play won't initiate on PC: I have a current ultimate game pass subscription My XBOX is fully updated Remote Play is set up properly on my XBOX While on my home network, I'm able to initiate a remote play session on my...