Xbox Remote Play should not turn on the display

Discus and support Xbox Remote Play should not turn on the display in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why the console turns on the display via IR signal or HDMI-CEC while remote playing? I, and whoever play remotely, am not in front of the TV/Monitor... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Triet Nguyen, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Triet Nguyen
    Triet Nguyen Guest

Why the console turns on the display via IR signal or HDMI-CEC while remote playing?

I, and whoever play remotely, am not in front of the TV/Monitor so what is the point of turning on the display? It will waste energy, or will affect the experience of whoever using the monitor/TV for something else(like watching Netflix?).

:)

Triet Nguyen, Jul 15, 2021
  2. reforc3 Win User

Continue remote play on console

It is possible, yes.

You should first "Turn On" remotely your console (not just loading a game remotely).

So it properly is powered on and on full display, then you can remote play and load the game.

When you are back in front of your TV you can manually go to your Xbox Guide and end the streaming / remote play and continue from where you left it.

Take in consideration that you will have to disable the turning your console off automatically if is inactive for any period of time, and if your console is connected via HDMI-CEC consider the same parameter of your TV, so it won't turn your Xbox as well.

In short, it is possible to do what you want, but you might end spending more energy by doing so.
  3. DaewooKim1 Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

I'm having the same issue.

but I figured something about this.

When TV that connected to XBOX is turned on. remote play works.

but when TV is turned off. remote play is not working.

if I turn on my TV first, then remote play from my PC . it works perfectly.

then if I turn off my TV. suddenly Remote play become very unstable and stuttering.

and it disconnected automatically in a minute.

I tested wireless and wired , both behaves same.

and most importantly , this issue not reproducing iPhone and android phone remote play.

mobile phone remote play works perfectly no matter TV is turned on or not.
  4. jcleigh Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

I'm having the same issue.

but I figured something about this.

When TV that connected to XBOX is turned on. remote play works.

but when TV is turned off. remote play is not working.

if I turn on my TV first, then remote play from my PC . it works perfectly.

then if I turn off my TV. suddenly Remote play become very unstable and stuttering.

and it disconnected automatically in a minute.

I tested wireless and wired , both behaves same.

and most importantly , this issue not reproducing iPhone and android phone remote play.

mobile phone remote play works perfectly no matter TV is turned on or not.
    Wow you are right! I recreated this behavior exactly.

It would appear that PC Remote Play has some dependency on the XBox's TV being on. This is a great find @DaewooKim1!
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

How to get controller to work on Xbox series X while using wireless display app to connect to a PC.

Hi MyNameIsMatt! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Of what you are using is a wireless display app, you won't be able to control the Xbox trough the tv, if your Tv supports android apps you should install the Xbox app, this will allow you to play remotely or while using wireless display the controller must be connected to the Xbox not the TV
  6. ngocphi Win User

Can I remote play games from Xbox for PC on my steamdeck?

No and you are thinking of the wrong solution

Remote play is console to other device

To go pc to device that would be wireless display or STEAM remote play or steam link on vr
Thema:

1. Xbox Remote Play should not turn on the display - Similar Threads - Remote Play should

2. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  3. Remote play problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play problem: I tried to remote play my xbox series x on win 11 PC and its keep saying Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network...
  4. Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution: Hi all I have an Xbox series X with a high end 4k TV. When I try and remote play from my Rog ally then I get sound but a black screen If I go I to Xbox settings and change the resolution from 4k...
  5. Black screen with remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen with remote play: Hi all I have an Xbox series X and a high end TV. In TV settings on the Xbox the resolution is set to 4k uhd but when this set to 4k I am unable to use remote play from my Rog ally,all I get is a...
  6. Xbox remote play

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox remote play: How do I connect remote play Xbox & find the Code after setting up the console 934014ae-5b83-4479-ab80-f8a4646c4dae
  7. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  8. xbox remote play not working over mobile network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox remote play not working over mobile network.: I have a samsung 23 ultra on att network. when I try to remote play on my console though the x box app over my 5 g mobile network I get an error message. I can connect to any wifi and have no...
  9. Remote play keeps loading green ship then disconnects

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play keeps loading green ship then disconnects: Trying to remote play on my phone but it just shows the green ship loading then after a minute it shuts off and saids can't connect to console right now my Xbox is on and both my Xbox and phone...
  10. Remote Play Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Error: Remote features are on, but i cant remote play, i tried unplugging and plugging again, turned off remote then thrned on again, but still, it doesnt work, it works right after a session, but after...