xbox remote play not working over mobile network.

Discus and support xbox remote play not working over mobile network. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a samsung 23 ultra on att network. when I try to remote play on my console though the x box app over my 5 g mobile network I get an error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Todd MacLean, May 17, 2024.

1. Todd MacLean
    Todd MacLean Guest

I have a samsung 23 ultra on att network. when I try to remote play on my console though the x box app over my 5 g mobile network I get an error message.

I can connect to any wifi and have no problem playing remotely. my old phone had no problem playing over mobile network.

I have allow mobile data allowed on app and have Uninstalled, reinstalled,powered off all that stuff.

what setting am I missing that will allow me to play over my mobile network ?

:)

Todd MacLean, May 17, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Todd, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

I have the same phone as you and had the same issue.

I was able to solve it by changing the console DNS and enabling IPv6 on my home network (the one the console is connected to).

I am on the Xbox App version 2045.1.1 and my Android is version 14 with One UI 6.1.

Please, change your connection DNS.

Follow these steps:

Go to Profile and System > Settings > General > Network Settings.

Select the network you're connected to, then select Advanced settings > Manual

On the DNS field, input these:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Save settings.

Let me know if it works!

[​IMG]
  3. PandaMaster Win User

Xbox Remote Play Black Screen after Xbox Logo - Works Only On Home WiFi & Mobile Data

Yes. If I’m on my mobile network at work and try to remote play I get black screen.

When I’m home on my wifi it works fine.

But when I’m away or even at home and try to remote play on my mobile network I get the black screen. Was working fine before. Don’t know what happened
  4. Rash2074 Win User

How far can Xbox remote play reach?

What would I need to have remote play work over my current network and the one my Xbox is on?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox remote play works at home but doesn’t while I’m out

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this FreeKlipz

Depending on the network remote play can work or not.

I mean, if your current wifi network has some internal restrictions this can be the reason. Some public or private networks are managed by their respective IT department.

If you try using directly your phone mobile data remote play works as expected or not at all?
  6. Default_570 Win User

How far can Xbox remote play reach?

remote play was designed for the household on the same network

still with the network setup properly remote play can be played over the internet
Thema:

1. xbox remote play not working over mobile network. - Similar Threads - remote play working

2. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  3. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  4. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  5. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  6. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  7. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  8. xbox remote play not working correctly

in XboX Insiders
    xbox remote play not working correctly: when i start my remote play on my pc it will display a drone or rocket ship then turn completely black, ive tried unplugging hdmi and deleting and redownloading the xbox app for windows but still...
  9. Remote play not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play not working?: Remote play doesn't work away from home.... which was the whole point in me getting gamepass ultimate.... is there a solution just says found my Xbox but can't connect I have tried all the...
  10. Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo: As of last year I still get a black screen then trying to use remote play from the XBOX app on the Surface Duo, causing me to force quit the app. Can this be fixed? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link]...