Xbox remote play not working only on home wifi.

Discus and support Xbox remote play not working only on home wifi. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Morning, when i try to connect to my xbox via the xbox phone app at home it all works fine. Then when i try to do it through 5g i can turn it on... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Peetr98, Apr 25, 2023.

1. /u/Peetr98
    /u/Peetr98 Guest

Morning, when i try to connect to my xbox via the xbox phone app at home it all works fine. Then when i try to do it through 5g i can turn it on 5minutes after switching from wifi to 5g but if i wait a few hours it says try again soon cant connect right now.

submitted by /u/Peetr98
    [link] [comments]

/u/Peetr98, Apr 25, 2023
  2. lh72722 Win User

Xbox remote play not working away from home

I tested my remote play yesterday at home. My iphone wifi was off and i connected over cellular with no issues. today nothing works. not wifi, not cellular. i click remote play and the jet appears and then i just get the same error message as others above.
  3. PandaMaster Win User

Xbox Remote Play Black Screen after Xbox Logo - Works Only On Home WiFi & Mobile Data

Yes. If I’m on my mobile network at work and try to remote play I get black screen.

When I’m home on my wifi it works fine.

But when I’m away or even at home and try to remote play on my mobile network I get the black screen. Was working fine before. Don’t know what happened
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox remote play only working on home network

Hi, if possible please try using a different router, exists the possibility that your current router is blocking incoming connections when you're outside.

But before that, check if you can white list the MAC addresses for your mobile devices via router settings
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this CoolAchiever472

May I know if you can try leaving connected your Xbox consoles to a completely different wifi network?

For example, share mobile data temporarily via wifi hotspot and connect your Xbox in that way

Then connect one of your mobile devices (the one that you're not using to share mobile data) to the home network and test if you're able to access in that way.

----------

In the meantime, when you say "I have restarted the Xbox's", do you mean power it off and power it on?

Or power cycling the console?

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Or instead factory resetting the consoles?

Settings > System > Console info > reset
  6. CoolAchiever472 Win User

Josef,

Thanks for your response.

1. Unfortunately my mobile coverage at home is very poor so I can’t connect to anything other than my home network. If I can’t solve this any other way I may try a different router that I have.

2. Since posting this I have found that I am able to stream to my Android phone when it is not on my home network. I did a number of things in between it not working and when it started to work today so I’m not sure which made the difference. I am still, however, unable to stream to my iPhone 13. So that cuts out a lot of the potential causes. I can stream to my iPhone on my home network.

3. I have only soft restarted the consoles - not a full power off as you suggest. I will try that, although as I say above is seems unlikely, given that I can stream to Android but not iOS.
Thema:

1. Xbox remote play not working only on home wifi. - Similar Threads - remote play working

2. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  3. xbox remote play not working over mobile network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox remote play not working over mobile network.: I have a samsung 23 ultra on att network. when I try to remote play on my console though the x box app over my 5 g mobile network I get an error message. I can connect to any wifi and have no...
  4. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  5. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  6. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  7. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  8. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  9. xbox remote play not working correctly

in XboX Insiders
    xbox remote play not working correctly: when i start my remote play on my pc it will display a drone or rocket ship then turn completely black, ive tried unplugging hdmi and deleting and redownloading the xbox app for windows but still...
  10. Remote play not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play not working?: Remote play doesn't work away from home.... which was the whole point in me getting gamepass ultimate.... is there a solution just says found my Xbox but can't connect I have tried all the...