Xbox Remote Play connects for a bit then disconnects (Wired Network)

Discus and support Xbox Remote Play connects for a bit then disconnects (Wired Network) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I haven't seen any post regarding my issue on a wired network. Some clarifications: -... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Markus Foris, Jan 30, 2024.

1. Markus Foris
    Markus Foris Guest

Hello, I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I haven't seen any post regarding my issue on a wired network.

Some clarifications:

- I am running a Windows 11 machine.

- I have an Xbox One (original model)

- Both my computer and my Xbox One are on a wired network (through a router's ethernet switch)

- Both are right next to each other, so latency shouldn't be a problem.

- Remote play testing returned all green besides NAT type, which is strict (that means I cannot use remote play outside of my home, but that's fine because I don't plan to anyway).

To elaborate on the question, this is my first time trying remote play on an Xbox, and I want to use my Xbox without having to unplug/replug the HDMI cable, as my monitor only has one HDMI slot, as well as receiving audio since my headphones are wireless only and the dongle doesn't work with the xbox (Logitech G432).

So, I pressed the remote play menu, and connected to my Xbox, luckily it managed to output, but after ~4 seconds I get a "Trying to reconnect" "We're unable to connect with the server. Please check your internet connection.", and after about 10 seconds it reconnects successfully before repeating the same issue.

I have also tried:

- The 5 second router restart

- Xbox power cycle

- Restarting my PC

If there's something I didn't do please tell me, thank you.

:)

Markus Foris, Jan 30, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Markus, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You can change your connection DNS.

Please, follow these steps:

Go to Profile and System > Settings

In the Settings menu, select General > Network settings.

Select the network you're connected to, then select Advanced settings > Manual

On the DNS field, input these:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Save settings.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

You can also try clearing your MAC address.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, then Settings.

In the General tab, select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

Restart your console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console and then select Restart.

(If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

Sign in to your console.
  4. Markus Foris Win User

Hello, the issue hasn't been fixed, even after changing the DNS.

Although, one minor difference is that it doesn't disconnect me as fast as it did prior to changing it.
  5. Two Bit Scooter Win User

Xbox 360 disconnects frequently from Xbox Live since newest firmware update - Port Forwarding setting all good - Fios Internet

Throwing in my two bits, I've got a wired and wireless (WAP) connection for the xbox AND a Roku on the same network. I get random disconnects wired or not on the xbox but never do on the Roku.
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Disconnecting from Xbox Live...almost every 2 minutes

Hey hi MadDog333777,

Sorry to hear about the frequent disconnects! Just to check, does this happen when you start playing a game or does it happen at random while you're on the dashboard as well? University networks can be a bit tricky when it comes to getting a solid connection
    for Xbox Live and we generally recommend trying a wired connection to avoid disconnections.

When you mentioned that you've tested other parts of the network, do you mean that you've tried other network hardware in their building or you've tested on a different network entirely? If it's with network hardware, that may help narrow down the issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox Remote Play connects for a bit then disconnects (Wired Network) - Similar Threads - Remote Play connects

2. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  3. Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...: Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to phone. Works in app until I start Remote Play. Once launched the system accepts some inputs but not all...
  4. Xbox thinks headset connected anytime I remote play on iPad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox thinks headset connected anytime I remote play on iPad: Hi all, I’m having a constant issue that anytime I connect to remote play with my iPad, I have no sound coming from the iPad and the Xbox thinks a headset is attached. I have tried with multiple...
  5. Remote Play Not Working - We found your console but cannot connect

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play Not Working - We found your console but cannot connect: I am trying to connect to my XSX from work using my Windows 11 Laptop, I can see the Xbox inside the console list in the Xbox app, I try to connect and I get this error: We found your console but...
  6. Remote play keeps disconnecting shortly after connection while trying to stream

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play keeps disconnecting shortly after connection while trying to stream: I recently wanted to start streaming and I found out that a good way to start setting that up for Xbox games is through remote play, but every time that I log onto the Xbox app for my PC for...
  7. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  8. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  9. In gta 5 I can’t hear the voice chat but if I connect my phone by remote play I can hear it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In gta 5 I can’t hear the voice chat but if I connect my phone by remote play I can hear it...: I can’t hear voice chat in gta 5 online but if connect my phone through remote play I can hear it does anybody know how to fix that 36d49e67-6c4f-4604-acf4-f3dfb5e3acf9
  10. “Can’t connect right now, try again in a while” error message when using remote play

in XboX Insiders
    “Can’t connect right now, try again in a while” error message when using remote play: I am receiving this error message when trying to use remote play on my Xbox Series X. I’ve seen other posts about this same issue, but so far haven’t been able to find a solution that works for...