Xbox remote play android black screen with audio

Discus and support Xbox remote play android black screen with audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, Like most people here I am having issues with Xbox X remote play. When I first had the console I tested it to my android tablet with Forza... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Barkingmad15a, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Xbox remote play android black screen with audio

Hi all,

Like most people here I am having issues with Xbox X remote play. When I first had the console I tested it to my android tablet with Forza Horizons 5 & it worked, since then it has always started with a black screen with audio. You can clearly hear the game is running it just does not display. The above is true whether it's on my tablet (Samsung Tab S7+) or my phone (Samsung S10+) & whether or not it is casting to a TV through a Chromecast. Everything works fine, the app, the controller pairs, the game runs after seeing the rocket screen but the screen is just black.

Before MS replies with the usual power cycle requests you should note I have tried that & more:

I have power cycled many times

I have reset the cache on the app on both devices

I have uninstalled the app & reinstalled on both devices

I have even removed the console from remote play altogether & set it all up again.

I have checked all my networking,ports, NAT, firewalls, router settings etc etc.

Nothing works. It works perfectly on the 32" 4K monitor it is connected too, but on remote play, nothing. Oh yes, the network is all gigabit cabled, except to my tablet which is on a 5ghz connection. Does anybody have any ideas not already tried?

Thanks

:)

Barkingmad15a, Jan 2, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Barkingmad15a,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to play remotely on Android however it shows black screen with audio. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

It is clear that you have perform troubleshooting just to fix this or just to glimpse what is the screen displaying whenever it started to turn black with audio. In that case, there are possibilities why this issue occurs. To name a few might be a resolution incompatibility or changing or updating the Xbox apps on both devices or tweak settings if there is something we can change (or update Xbox Console or the Android phones) or else this could be limitation that only the Team Xbox or game support can answer. We believe that that this should be addressed so, we will recommend you to raise this to Team Xbox. You may include the specs of the device you use most importantly the resolution, make and model and if it is up-to-date.

However, if this only happens to a specific game and not on other games. You may need to check if you can install the Forza Horizon on Play Store and check if the issue persists. Otherwise, this should be raised straight to the game developer.

Again, we may perform the troubleshooting provided to this support article (if applicable) - Troubleshoot remote play gaming. However, if it is not fix then you need to isolate the issue further:

1. Is this happening to all games you remotely play?
      • If yes, please submit feedback by installing from Microsoft Store the Xbox Report a Problem app on the Xbox Console. Guide: Provide feedback to Team Xbox.
      • If no, please read number 2 below.
    2. Install the game or games you tested earlier from the Play Store (if applicable, you may search for Forza Horizon in Play Store). See if the issue persists.
    Please, do not forget to check here for known issues that might be related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

Hope this clarifies your inquiry. If you have a different concern kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Nixxy13 Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

I wish it was the android app because remote play works flawlessly for me under the same conditions(network,location etc.) o my android phone but goes to black screen in the Windows10 app. Most frustrating thing is that it used to work fine then one day a few months ago it broke and has been that way ever since despite multiple updates to the Windows10 Xbox app.
  4. TN_AU Win User

XBOX Series X remote play only works when connected TV is turned on.

I recently got my Series X, same thing happens, remote play doesnt work when TV is off, after spaceship loading screen, it goes to black screen, then after a minute or so, it disconnects.

Only difference for me is that, PC, Android and iOS doesnt work.

When TV is on, it works perfectly, what gives?
  5. Gamer_464 Win User

PC app remote play not working properly.

Everything on my computer works fine. I can play games fine and making a new windows user does not fix it. It is an issue with remote play on the Xbox PC app specifically, nothing else. It connects for a brief moment with audio, but would be a black screen and then disconnect. only saying "something went wrong".
  6. iandaw Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

same problem, haven't been able to connect yet. Xbox series s is connected to router via ethernet cable. Laptop 5ghz wifi. Every time I try goes like this :- Ship - Black Screen - Disconect after 1 minute

I had the xbox on the television the other day, to see if I could see what was happening on the xbox and when my computer followed the Ship - Black Screen - Disconect after 1 minute process, a notification came up on the xbox that remote play was disconnecting

Also I have no problem connecting from android or apple devices
Thema:

1. Xbox remote play android black screen with audio - Similar Threads - remote play android

2. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  3. Remote play problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play problem: I tried to remote play my xbox series x on win 11 PC and its keep saying Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network...
  4. Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution: Hi all I have an Xbox series X with a high end 4k TV. When I try and remote play from my Rog ally then I get sound but a black screen If I go I to Xbox settings and change the resolution from 4k...
  5. Black screen with remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen with remote play: Hi all I have an Xbox series X and a high end TV. In TV settings on the Xbox the resolution is set to 4k uhd but when this set to 4k I am unable to use remote play from my Rog ally,all I get is a...
  6. Xbox remote play

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox remote play: How do I connect remote play Xbox & find the Code after setting up the console 934014ae-5b83-4479-ab80-f8a4646c4dae
  7. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  8. Xbox remote play freezes randomly on android

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox remote play freezes randomly on android: Randomly when using remote play on the xbox app(android) the screen freezes, but the games are still playing (i still hear the audio reacting when i press any buttons). Everytime this happens i...
  9. Can I use mic through wireless earbuds through remote play on android device

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use mic through wireless earbuds through remote play on android device: Can I use mic on wireless earbuds through remote play on android device c2edfe80-8420-453c-8132-f329b8e415ad
  10. Remote play on Xbox PC App black screen on android tabled is woking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play on Xbox PC App black screen on android tabled is woking: Hello, I have been attempting to use remote play on my Windows 11 PC using the Xbox App. However, despite trying to access it from multiple Windows 10/11 PCs connected over LAN and my laptop...