Xbox remote install from Game Pass app

Discus and support Xbox remote install from Game Pass app in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I've used the Xbox Game Pass app for a while now (about a year) and have been able to remotely install games via that feature in the app until just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by monrocito, Apr 8, 2021.

1. monrocito
    monrocito Guest

I've used the Xbox Game Pass app for a while now (about a year) and have been able to remotely install games via that feature in the app until just recently. It stopped working a few days ago. When I try (same way it worked before), it gives me an error message that says, "Uh oh, something went wrong". I have tried every suggestion I have found by searching online. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone. Yes, I have plenty of space on my Xbox (over 200GB free for a 2 GB game). I have enabled all the correct settings both on my Xbox console and on my phone/Game Pass app. Nothing works. There is an Xbox Game Pass quest to install apps remotely and I cannot complete it because of this issue.

:)

monrocito, Apr 8, 2021
  2. DakkaRaptor Win User

Xbox app does not detect already installed games via the game pass

Hi there if you are wanting to remote install games on the game pass download the game pass app as the xbox app does not do this. As for it not loading things there are known connection issues that will hopefully resolved soon. Hope you are safe and well
    in these trying times.
  3. enad2k Win User

Unable to remote install games on Xbox Series X from the Microsoft Store or from Game Pass mobile app

Hi,

Thank you for affirming, it's not just me.

Same deal. I upgraded from the original Xbox One to a Series X. I could manage games from both the Xbox app and Game Pass app to my original Xbox One. I put my Series X into service on 1/28/21. Apparently ,from what I have seen there must have been app updates to the Game Pass app.

Now as you said, I cannot manage or install Game Pass apps remotely from the Game Pass app to the Series X. However, it looks like the Xbox App can manage the Series X.

I also factory reset the original Xbox One and packed it up. I also removed my original Xbox One from the Devices tab on my account.microsoft.com page and made sure my Series X was set as my home xbox.

Pretty confident that this is not me nor you.

Figured I would mention I have the same issue and hope they fix it soon.

For what it is worth, you can filter games in the Xbox app on your phone to show Game Pass games along with optimized for SeriesX|S and platform as Xbox One. Then you can at least see the Game Pass games in the Xbox app and remote install them that way as a work around.
  4. EarthboundX Win User

Yep, same thing has been happening to me. It worked just until this month, and now I just keep getting error messages when I try to remote install from the Gamepass mobile app.
  5. PaulMartin82 Win User

Hi monrocito

Had same problem until this afternoon. turned off remote settings, restarted console, turned them back on and recommended I update controller firmware. Did that and other recommended settings and I was able to use the android app again for remote install (completed quest as well)
  6. Reptile-2k Win User

Thanks I will try this tomorrow
Thema:

1. Xbox remote install from Game Pass app - Similar Threads - remote install Game

2. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  3. Remote play problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play problem: I tried to remote play my xbox series x on win 11 PC and its keep saying Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network...
  4. Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution: Hi all I have an Xbox series X with a high end 4k TV. When I try and remote play from my Rog ally then I get sound but a black screen If I go I to Xbox settings and change the resolution from 4k...
  5. Black screen with remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen with remote play: Hi all I have an Xbox series X and a high end TV. In TV settings on the Xbox the resolution is set to 4k uhd but when this set to 4k I am unable to use remote play from my Rog ally,all I get is a...
  6. Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to...: Need help im trying to stream Y when im streaming on twitch using my xbox then when i go to stream remotly on laptop to using a mic on the laptop it stops the stream all up tp date on laptop...
  7. No Install button for remote download

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Install button for remote download: Hey yall hope you can help a brother out. I'm having an issue where I can't remote download a game to my xbox and yes, I've done everything Microsoft had said and even some of yall but I got no...
  8. Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...: Hello, I logged in to my Microsoft account from the Xbox application, then I clicked on the console section and it asked me to define it. I said to install it first. I got the TV code, but the...
  9. Remote Install Games to Seagate SSD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote Install Games to Seagate SSD: So, I have been trying to install some games via the Game Pass app to my Series X. There is not enough storage left on the main drive, but I have the Seagate Expansion SSD stick that is attached....
  10. How do I Remotely install and manage games to my pc that i have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I Remotely install and manage games to my pc that i have purchased?: Cannot figure out how to remotely install games to pc specifically grand theft Auto v that i have purchased on xbox e89f63c2-40d0-4b0e-a2d3-65b6e04f6bb5