Xbox related apps are broken

Discus and support Xbox related apps are broken in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The “Xbox” app on my PC, and “Game Bar” will not work. I tried a bunch of different solutions, I even reset my pc, but nothing is working. When I open... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Memberㅤ ㅤ, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Xbox related apps are broken

The “Xbox” app on my PC, and “Game Bar” will not work. I tried a bunch of different solutions, I even reset my pc, but nothing is working. When I open the “Xbox” app it just pops up for a second (black screen with white xbox logo in the middle) then it closes, and “Game Bar” wont open at all. Can someone please help?

(Windows 10 Home 22H2)

:)

Memberㅤ ㅤ, Nov 26, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Member,

Can you try to follow this guide: Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

• Make sure the date and time are set correctly
    • Make sure you have enough storage
    • you can also try changing the download location.
    • Open Run
    • Type the command below

[table][tr]
      ms-windows-store://home
      [/tr][/table]
    • This will open the Microsoft Store interface.
    • Click on the action icon or the 3 dots on the upper right corner
    • Click on Download and Updates
    • Then Get Updates
    • Restart computer then check if you can download the game
    • Open Command Prompt with admin
    • Type the command below

[table][tr]
      wsreset.exe
      [/tr][/table]
    • Restart PC then test.
    • Open a new Windows Terminal as an Administrator (Press Windows+X and Select Windows Terminal Admin).
    • Select the Command Prompt or PowerShell profile from the down arrow chevron menu.
    • Type the command below.

[table][tr]
      sfc /scannow
      [/tr][/table]
    • Wait for the scan to complete.
    • If there's no errors, you can close the console now.
    • If it doesn't help, do a Component Store repair with this command:

[table][tr]
      dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      [/tr][/table]
    • Restart the computer and run scan again.
    [table][tr]
    sfc /scannow
    [/tr][/table]
  4. Member Win User

Thank you for your help. The windows store apps troubleshooter isnt on my troubleshooter list.
  5. Zenxcity Win User

I'm and I'm here to help you.

Im more then happy to help you.

Im sorry that your experiencing problems with the xbox apps

There are a few problems with the xbox app at the moment.

I can’t do anything because im not an employee

Kind Regards

The “Xbox” app on my PC, and “Game Bar” will not work. I tried a bunch of different solutions, I even reset my pc and upgraded from windows 10 > windows 11, but nothing is working. When I open the “Xbox” app it just pops up for a second (black screen with white xbox logo in the middle) then it closes, and “Game Bar” wont open at all. Can someone please help?

(Windows 11 Home 23H2)
  6. CarTzy Win User

Hello Member,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Xbox app and the Game Bar on your PC. This sounds like a frustrating issue.

There are a few possible causes for this problem, such as corrupted files, outdated drivers, incompatible settings, or network issues. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:

- Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. This tool can automatically detect and repair common issues with Windows apps. To do this, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Windows Store Apps > Run the troubleshooter.

- Reset the Xbox app and the Game Bar. This can clear any cached data or settings that might be causing the problem. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox > Advanced options > Reset. Do the same for Game Bar.

- Update your graphics card driver. Sometimes, an outdated or incompatible driver can prevent the Xbox app and the Game Bar from working properly. To do this, go to Device Manager > Display adapters > Right-click on your graphics card > Update driver > Search automatically for updated driver software.

- Check your firewall and antivirus settings. Some firewall or antivirus programs might block the Xbox app and the Game Bar from connecting to the internet or accessing certain features. To do this, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Firewall & network protection > Allow an app through firewall > Change settings > Make sure Xbox and Game Bar are checked. Also, check your antivirus settings and make sure they are not interfering with the Xbox app and the Game Bar.

- Reinstall the Xbox app and the Game Bar. If none of the above steps work, you might need to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app and the Game Bar from the Microsoft Store. This can ensure that you have the latest version of both apps and that they are installed correctly.

Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

I hope these steps help you resolve your issue. If you still need further assistance, please let me know and I'll be happy to help you. Thank you for choosing Xbox and have a great day.
Thema:

1. Xbox related apps are broken - Similar Threads - related apps are

2. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  3. Are you guys able to help with anything activision related?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Are you guys able to help with anything activision related?: I had a random account link itself to my activision account and get me banned. Activision won't let me log in to get support and I'm just relying on there twitter for help....
  4. Almost nothing Xbox related will load on my phone

in XboX Insiders
    Almost nothing Xbox related will load on my phone: Just today my Xbox app, wouldn't load. I tried restarting my phone and when that didn't work I reinstalled the app and now it won't load past the sign in option. When I went to the Xbox support...
  5. About the GCUR relating to that of art on commision

in XBoX on Windows
    About the GCUR relating to that of art on commision: So I make render art in Valve's SFM software, most often with assets from Halo (most of the time) and/or Fallout (becoming more) but also others (depending on what I feel and what the commissioner...
  6. This might not be related to me being part of the insiders program but it could be. Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    This might not be related to me being part of the insiders program but it could be. Xbox...: So,I will start by saying my Xbox one is 4 years old and somedays it takes longer than usual to fully start up. Yesterday afternoon it worked just fine, I shut it off like normal and when I went...
  7. I would like to know the Xbox terms of service infringement issues related to changing save...

in XBoX on Windows
    I would like to know the Xbox terms of service infringement issues related to changing save...: I want to change some things in my games for fun (I will not use these changes in any online scenarios i.e. cheating against other players), but I want to make sure it is allowed first. I tried...
  8. My Google account is no longer linked to my Xbox account. (This post is related to account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Google account is no longer linked to my Xbox account. (This post is related to account...: My Xbox ccount has been hacked about a month or two ago, and I have been trying to get it back but i just can't anymore. The hacker removed my security things, changed my password, unlinked my...
  9. Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...: Error Code: 0x80004005 code: Eroded Badlands. A file that the Windows Product Activation (WPA) requires is damaged or missing. Please reboot, verify system permissions, and make sure your...
  10. Changed email alias on Microsoft account and now can't sign into any Microsoft related apps...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changed email alias on Microsoft account and now can't sign into any Microsoft related apps...: I changed the Alias to my Microsoft account a long time ago and I haven't been able to sign into my Microsoft account on any Microsoft related app (Xbox, Microsoft Store, Minecraft, Etc.) however...