Xbox recent update does not allow external hard drive to receive, transfer or download any...

Discus and support Xbox recent update does not allow external hard drive to receive, transfer or download any... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox recent update does not allow external hard drive to receive, transfer or download any content. I have tried everything to fix it and contacted... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tinyhotdog, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Tinyhotdog
    Tinyhotdog Guest

Xbox recent update does not allow external hard drive to receive, transfer or download any...

Xbox recent update does not allow external hard drive to receive, transfer or download any content.

I have tried everything to fix it and contacted the company of the harddrive who states it is an xbox issue.

:)

Tinyhotdog, Mar 7, 2020
  2. WellmaxxBR Win User

Xbox recent update does not allow external hard drive to receive, transfer or download any content

Hello!!

Try the following steps please:
    Disconnect the hard drive from your console.
    Then reconnect again, you will receive a message showing that you are connected.

Then keep the home button pressed until it opens the hard drive menu and if possible format it again.

Once formatted, see if you can use the external disk again.
  3. MightyQuinn75 Win User

Xbox recent update does not allow external hard drive to receive, transfer or download any content

Are you using the external for saving screenshots and gameplay? If so have you attempted to reformat the drive on a windows 10 device to see if that solves the issue?
  4. Tinyhotdog Win User

Hello!!

Try the following steps please:
    Disconnect the hard drive from your console.
    Then reconnect again, you will receive a message showing that you are connected.

Then keep the home button pressed until it opens the hard drive menu and if possible format it again.

Once formatted, see if you can use the external disk again.
    I tried this unsuccessfully. Also tried clearing local saves and factory resetting the xbox. The company told me they have a case ongoing with xbox.

My external works just fine just cant install or transfer to it but can do the opposite with internal
  5. Jav0r Win User

My external hard drives work fine.
  6. Tinyhotdog Win User

I do not use it for captures nor have I reformatted on my pc
Thema:

1. Xbox recent update does not allow external hard drive to receive, transfer or download any... - Similar Threads - recent update does

2. My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...

in XBoX on Windows
    My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...: My adapter died a few months ago and I’ve only just replaced it, and when I turned it on for the first time there was an update. I started the update and the Xbox turned off at the end without...
  3. Why isnt my recently played with list not updating? Ive restarted my console hoping it...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isnt my recently played with list not updating? Ive restarted my console hoping it...: Why isnt my recently played with list not updating? Ive restarted my console hoping it would help. It’s only showing me from 8 hours ago. I need to see whom i just played with...
  4. Black screen after recent update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen after recent update.: Okay, so my Xbox one X has started black screening after the recent update issued at the start of May 2024. I did a factory reset which fixed the problem but it’s updated again causing the black...
  5. Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?: Planned Obsolescence. This is to drive revenue. There should be a lawsuit filed soon. Everyone can join in. I'll provide details. 1c74f1cd-4ba2-46e5-bb63-4b0c64c9622e
  6. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  7. Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.

in XboX Insiders
    Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.: My Series X 9/10 times, will not display any local area wifi networks, in the 1/10 times it does, and I enter the password for our wifi, it says it cannot connect to the internet. I'm unsure of...
  8. Hi, I recently started setting up my xbox one console and i got stock at update section....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I recently started setting up my xbox one console and i got stock at update section....: Hi Please help me to fix this problem, i tried using wireless connection and wired connection still no use. And it is a new one, im setting up the console and i got stock at console update....
  9. Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...: After fortnites new season update when I load the game everything is fine and normal. When the game loads everything is normal however as soon as I ready up the game crashes. Is this an xbox issue...
  10. Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will...: Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will take 30 days and i can still sign in and use my microsoft account but i cant log on to xbox account...