Xbox profile can only be found when people search my old gamertag instead of my current one

Discus and support Xbox profile can only be found when people search my old gamertag instead of my current one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A friend wanted to add me on xbox and so I gave him my current gamertag which is . He said my profile wasn't showing, so I searched up my own gamertag... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Void Merc, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Void Merc
    Void Merc Guest

Xbox profile can only be found when people search my old gamertag instead of my current one

A friend wanted to add me on xbox and so I gave him my current gamertag which is . He said my profile wasn't showing, so I searched up my own gamertag and my profile didn't show up. Cha0ticMeerk4t0 was my old gamertag until I changed it to , so I searched up my my old gamertag and my profile showed up with the name . Is there a way to fix this so people can search my current gamertag instead of my old one?
    Xbox profile can only be found when people search my old gamertag instead of my current one [​IMG]

:)

Void Merc, Jul 16, 2021
  2. Void Merc Win User

It has been over a year since I changed it. I'd assume that the servers would have recognized my new gamertag by now after many months have passed.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

If it's been over a year, then contacting MS direct would be the best option probably. I would just double check your Microsoft Account to make sure you don't have the display name set as the old gamertag

https://account.microsoft.com/profile/
  4. Smwutches Win User

How long has it been since you changed it? Sometimes it takes time for the servers to catch up.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Profile does not show up when people search up my current gamertag but is shows up when my old gamertag is searched

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Void, gamertag exchange is also a process of updating microsoft databases, developers etc. after the exchange this upgrade process may take a while until it is complete on the database servers.
  6. GainedDrop6142 Win User

Gamertag and smartglass

I currently have only one profile on my Xbox and it's not set to sign in automatically. Like I stated above, it's the same account, but the Xbox shows my changed gamertag and gamer score, but when I log on with my other devices it shows the old gamertag
    and a zero gamer score.
Thema:

1. Xbox profile can only be found when people search my old gamertag instead of my current one - Similar Threads - profile found search

2. State not in the options for Billing/Profile Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    State not in the options for Billing/Profile Address: I currently live somewhere in the NMI (Northern Mariana Islands), and the state is not shown as an option when I am required to make a profile/billing address to check out. This makes it...
  3. Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...: All the details are in the question....cant get ant help from support as they don't offer a chat option for this issue and the AI is dumb 88af6598-6393-44f5-9a6c-1042b508c4be
  4. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  5. Can I make a fan made Xbox profile

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I make a fan made Xbox profile: I wanna make a Xbox fan made profile picture and want to send it to you so you can make it an official Xbox profile cf4ffc54-4739-4926-b3b5-c328ccdf616e
  6. When I try to sign in to the xbox 360 emulator it says that there’s no profile associated...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to sign in to the xbox 360 emulator it says that there’s no profile associated...: When I try to sign in to the xbox 360 emulator it says that there’s no profile associated with my email even though it has one I've tried everything and it still says it...
  7. I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87

in XboX Insiders
    I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87: I didn't receive the Xbox, live gold badge. for tcb87 for my profile. submitted by /u/Beginning_Canary_160 [link] [comments]
  8. party icon isnt showing up on friends profile

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party icon isnt showing up on friends profile: About a week and a half ago friend a on their xbox profile it stopped showing the headphones icon next to their name signifying that they're in a party. I can't view who's in their party or join...
  9. After signing in to the new Xbox, the second profile is nowhere to be found.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After signing in to the new Xbox, the second profile is nowhere to be found.: Hello, for Christmas we gave my son a new Xbox. My son used to have a separate profile set up here, so we log in to my husband's Xbox account, but the other profile is not visible. How can I...
  10. Found an Xbox profile on my Microsoft account but I never created one. There is no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Found an Xbox profile on my Microsoft account but I never created one. There is no...: Found an Xbox profile on my Microsoft account which I never created. It’s not linked to any subscription and no activity in last 3 months but it’s disturbing to having the profile on my account. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Gamertags that start with an O